Valued Contributor

Why do women wear their clothes so skin tight?

It seems like everyone is doing it now.  All those wrinkles make their clothes look too tight.  Most women doing this are really quite slender.  It's not the big women who are doing it.  Could it be so that they can boast about wearing extremely small sizes?

QVC Customer Care

Re: Why do women wear their clothes so skin tight?

Trusted Contributor

I do not know the exact reason why but my guess is that some of the tight clothing is the In style? I can remember my and many parents asking practically the same thing when in the 1960's all the rage was the bell bottoms with itsy bitsy 2 inch rise with tiny zipper on them. Also they were covered in patches (flower power etc) I can also remember the horror on their faces when the micro short Mini skirt came out and the short hot pants.  I guess the fashion we wore then was considered rebellious and horrid to the generation before us who asked the same questions. Now the new generation has us asking the same questions we laughed off and embraced way back when we were their age. I can get with the times EXCEPT the tight leggings showing a gross "camel toe" ughhhh, LOLOL

Esteemed Contributor

I wear skin tight clothes when the occasion is right because I can. Not to boast. But because I like the look. It's fun!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I notice it a lot on TV newswomen.  I think it's most unattractive and distracting.  It looks as though the person gained a lot of weight and hasn't had time to go shopping.  It tends to make a person look larger than she actually is.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack

@MaggieMack wrote:

I wear skin tight clothes when the occasion is right because I can. Not to boast. But because I like the look. It's fun!

Go for it! I would if I could because I believe in if you got it flaunt it! I always enhance my best attributes.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

'I keep saying' that there are a lot of people with very high self esteem.  (In other words, wish I had a bit more.....)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I've seen women of all sizes, shapes, and ages in skin tight clothing.

I jusr assume there are lots of reasons from their liking the look all the way to having nothing clean that day they havent outgrown.

It's a "Don't ask, don't tell" issue for me.

Valued Contributor

Well, I don't think it's just women.  All the late night male hosts (Jimmy Fallen, etc.) & the entertainment male tv hosts art all wearing their suits cut tight.

so I think it's probably a fashion thing, not a look at me thing.

in 2 years, it will all change, but if you feel good in something, I say wear it! 😎

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Trusted Contributor

Hey I say if you don't give a hoot about people looking at you and thinking "just because you can dosn't mean you should"  go for it !!!!!