Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODT - Saturday 6/4

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

I just stopped in to say hello, and see what everyone was up to.  Finished planting all my flowers today, and need to walk the dog now. 

Hope everyone is doing well and their day is going well, I'll add a little more later.

Have a good afternoon everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODT - Saturday 6/4

Hello all, and thanks @PAlady for the start. Good job on getting all your flowers planted. Enjoy walking your dog.
I have been doing some household things today that I let slide all week and now I need to do (hopefully) a quick Walmart run to buy some odds & ends that are needed. That always wears me out, lol.
I also hope all are doing well and having a nice weekend. Waves to all...
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Glad you got your flowers planted and hope your walk with the dog was good.  They are warning people here that the hot, hot, hot pavement can injure their dogs feet/pads.  I know it was at least 103 here yesterday (probably 105), and today and tomorrow should be hotter.  Yikes!  Good that it is a "dry heat" and our AC and fans are working well.

Hi snicks.  Glad you got your household things done, and I hope your Wal-Mart run is not too tiring.

DH didn't do too well at the "club" yesterday (issues with the bathroom and a bit of wandering), but so far so good today.  A hospice volunteer came to sit with him for two hours this morning, and she was really nice.  New to the area, and I was able to provide her with some ideas of things to do (like the OLLI classes and joining one of my "newcomers" clubs).  She and her husband just retired in January, and retirement in a new place is a double adjustment.  She will be coming again for the next two or three Saturdays.  She also visits with a lady (or maybe two ladies) in the facility where I'm planning to send DH for "respite" care.  She likes the staff there very much, and thinks it is a nice place.   This makes me even happier with my decision.

I was thinking about taking a walk when she came, but it was way too hot already at 8:00 a.m.  So, I went to the gym instead.  I did my regular workout and then went on the treadmill, so I have my 10,000 steps done.  That certainly makes me happy.  I was afraid the gym would be way too crowded, but it was okay (fuller than on Sunday after church, but....)  I discovered some people must exercise multiple times each day since I see them in the afternoon, other days, etc.  I admire them, but that level of exercise is not something I could handle. I did seem to have more energy in the morning than in the afternoon.

DD said youngest DGS' graduation went well, and my SIL has posted a few pictures from the event on FB.  

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, Marijane, Essie, Charlene, Karen, Gayle, Barbara, pinky ann, Rosa, LindaR, butterfly, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda 

Trusted Contributor

Snicks -  Around here there is no such thing as a "quick trip to Walmart", everyone and their brother is there 24/7.

Hope you get all you house work done, then you can come to my house and do mine.  I have let things slide here because we have been working in the yard all week.  I am hoping to get some decluttering done between dr. appts. next week.

Have a good day everyone.

Trusted Contributor

Linda -  Sorry DH had a bad day yesterday.  Glad DGS's graduation went well.  They say to test if it is too hot for an animal to walk, hold your hand on the blacktop or cement for 10 seconds, if you can't handle it, they can't either.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  It looks like everyone is busy today. It's a strange day, weather-wise; bright and sunny, but every few hours a heavy thunderstorm passes through.  It's a good day to stay in and finish my homework.

Yesterday I drove my invalid neighbor to the doctor for a check-up after her cataract surgery; we took her car, and I'm loving it more and more - it's a Hyundai Sonata, and drives like a dream; if she does decide to sell (she can't drive anymore) I hope we can work out a deal - it's even the color that I'd like to have. Funny, she's my age, but I think of her as an old, old woman because of her many health problems, including COPD, so she has to have oxygen everywhere she goes; makes me appreciate that I just have aches and pains.

Afterwards I took the dogs for a drive, just to get out. I picked up just a couple of things at Walmart, and the billboard ads got to me, so I was craving a Jimmy John sub. Turned out that the one I would have passed right by was out of the question - I forgot about the weekly free Friday night concerts downtown, so either streets were roped off, or there was no parking. It was a nice evening for a drive so we went to another one, and that was the last time I'll ever go there. I ordered a BLT with turkey, and the guy handed me a big, fat sandwich, I couldn't wait to get home and eat it, but upon unwrapping it found it had two thin slices of turkey, two paper-thin slices of tomato, two strips of bacon...and lots and lots of shredded iceberg lettuce - the lettuce was over an inch thick. What a disappointment!  With so many other sub places around (Subway, Firehouse, Lenny's, Jersey Mike's, Penn Station) I don't see how they stay in business. Oh well, live and learn...

I wish I didn't have a black thumb, Susan. Every time I plant flowers they die. The only ones I ever have success with is pond plants; I bought two about a month ago, and now the entire surface of the pond is covered.  In fact, I have to get more goldfish this week; I love them, and they eat mosquito larvae. 

Gotta love my mailman (not!) - my month's supply of cat and dog food arrived from Amazon - three big, heavy boxes - so what did that genius do?  Pile them high right in front of the door...which opens outward.  (sigh)  Cat Frustrated

Guess I'd better get down to work. I've found that the anticipation is the worst part; once I get started I'm OK.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Respected Contributor

Afternoon all, Thanx @PAlady for the start, & I know the problems with house vs yard, it's one or the other these days

@Snicks1, with our rainy weather today I also got more house "stuff" done, used to be the whole house was done in a short while, now I'm down to thoroughly doing 1 room per day, not the same but it is what it is, & don't have the amount of company as before, but it does satisfy me.

@LindaLatte, nice to hear DGS grad went well, their milestones make us happy.  Hope DH is having a better day today so you will also.

Wanted to put some chicken on the grill, but the rain may make that undoable.

Happy week-end to all

Essie

Honored Contributor

Today is a relaxed day for me.  I chatted through AM Style then went outside around 10:30 to get the lawn work done.  Short of grabbing a sip of water each time I emptied the grass catcher bag I didn't take any breaks, I just wanted it done.  The sky is clouding up, the rain can come now - it will make my freshly cut grass look really green.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hi LindaL - we must have posted at the same time; sorry to hear about the bad day.

Bird, I forgot to post this for you:

Bird revived back to life by...

Animals are truly amazing; I don't understand people who don't believe they have a soul.  They're certainly more loving and compassinate than a lot of humans...

Storms are supposed to start again in a few hours; I'm debating taking a quick drive to pick up something to eat. I'm still craving a sub - but a GOOD one...

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

WOW!  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise