Honored Contributor

Re: Why do women wear their clothes so skin tight?

@Melania wrote:

Would you prefer they wear circus tents? *eyeroll*

If someone has worked hard to stay in shape why shouldn't they wear what flatters their figures.

Not sure why it offends you so much but maybe envy. 

Tight clothes are not necessarily flattering. That is in the eye of the beholder.

Just as there are many reasons someone might wear very tight clothing there are many reasons they might wear tent-like clothes. 

And just because someone comments dos not does not mean they are envious or jealous. I really think that is rarely the case. 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Melania wrote:

If someone has worked hard to stay in shape why shouldn't they wear what flatters their figures.

@Melania

Just because a woman is fit doesn't mean she should dress in the "too tight stuffed sausage" look .... in mostental? cases, it's very unattractive, and looks like she has never learned how to dress well.

Oh brother....why do you care? Does it affect your life in anyway shape or form but to be judgemental??

Respected Contributor

I am a size 2/4 ... I never, ever wear anything skin tight.  My personal opinion is that clothes should flow or skim over the body lines.  Not cling to them.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Melania wrote:

@Melania

Just because a woman is fit doesn't mean she should dress in the "too tight stuffed sausage" look .... in most cases, it's very unattractive, and looks like she has never learned how to dress well.

But it may be laundry day & everything else is dirty... We simply don't know. 

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Melania wrote:

Tight clothes are not necessarily flattering. That is in the eye of the beholder.

Just as there are many reasons someone might wear very tight clothing there are many reasons they might wear tent-like clothes. 

And just because someone comments dos not does not mean they are envious or jealous. I really think that is rarely the case. 

Yet you feel the need to make it an issue. Alrighty then.

Honored Contributor

Come on ladies!  I think the OP is talking about these ladies who should NOT be wearing them. 

One can wear attractive pants that aren't S-T-R-E-T-C-H (with the seams pulling).

Ever since pants (I guess that's what they are called) became popular everyone comes out wearing them.

Evidentally, they didn't get the memo that you should (I emphasize should) wear them with a top that at least covers the hoo hoo because I've seen some sights that ......well....

I'm definitely not a fashion maven.  I have no idea on what's popular or not.  I don't care.  I dress totally for what I like.  I'm a widow and turning 70 this year.  Yet I try (key word) to dress appropriately.

I shouldn't speak for others but I do think you can criticize some of these people (I've seen men wearing these tights too) (now that's a sight to behold) without being mean about it.

No one is speaking about specific people, just in general.  There are clothes that look better on some and not others.  I have very fat arms, I would not look good in a sleeveless top.  How do I know?  Well, I put on my thinking cap and look in the mirror and a mirror doesn't lie.

For all of you ladies who wear them, obviously you look good in them because if you didn't I would hope you wold look good in the mirror or have a friend who'd tell you.

Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Melania wrote:

Yet you feel the need to make it an issue. Alrighty then.

I did not make it an issue. My point was that there are countless reasons that people wear whatever they wear. We don't know what they are & they really don't matter. We can all wear whatever we want to. 

Honored Contributor

I suppose they think it makes them attractive when , in reality, it has the opposite effect.

Respected Contributor

I wear pants and skirts that follow the lines of my body closely because I don't carry my weight there and to distract the viewer's eye from my little Buddha belly! Cat Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I suppose they think it makes them attractive when , in reality, it has the opposite effect.

You must be projecting.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop