Contributor

Why all the jackets and sweaters?

The TSV today is a jacket, albeit a gauze jacket.  Watching AM Style this morning I see yet another jacket.  There has also been a lot of sweaters being shown lately.  While most of the items have been on clearance or specially priced QVC of course never lowers the price enough for me to consider it to be worth the purchase.

Who is buying and wearing these jackets and sweaters?  Most of the US is too warm for jackets and sweaters now.  I know that a/c is too much in stores and some houses but even then you don't need much more than the lightest material.

I realize that some may be buying for later on but still, not paying that kind of money for something I won't be wearing for a long time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why all the jackets and sweaters?

I like to wear a jacket or sweater. i think it gives a finished look to what I'm wearing. Most of the stores I go into are sooo cold w/their a/c and our cars have a/c and I'm always cold.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

@abbeydabby 

Not sure where you live, but you realize everyone is not sharing your weather?

Wish I were!

It hasn't even hit 60 here much in Western NY, so I am wearing jackets and coats still of all kinds!  Lots of rainy, grey days.

I just purchased 2 jean jackets recently and will wear them all summer long.

Right now, I have a jacket over the jean jacket!  It was 52 when I left for work this morning.

Frequent Contributor

Even here these days in SW FL it canb get chilly enough for one. Also churches, restaurants and other places tend to have the AC
 set on "Arctic". I wore one of my leatherb skirtn suits and boots the other Snday. 

HeadToToeLeather.jpg

Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@abbeydabby 

Not sure where you live, but you realize everyone is not sharing your weather?

Wish I were!

It hasn't even hit 60 here much in Western NY, so I am wearing jackets and coats still of all kinds!  Lots of rainy, grey days.

I just purchased 2 jean jackets recently and will wear them all summer long.

Right now, I have a jacket over the jean jacket!  It was 52 when I left for work this morning.

At last, thank you for your intelligent response to my query.  I live on the dividing line between the north and the south.  We either have weather that makes you want to wear sweaters and jackets (winter wear).  When spring comes it still feels like winter and dreary like you say but then when we have a good day it is 80 and gets humid very quickly.  

I bought the D&C denim jacket in pink and now that it is pretty and not cold it is too hot to wear (even to the car and stores with a/c).  Just frustrated I guess.  Thanks again.

Contributor

@StylishLady2 wrote:

Even here these days in SW FL it canb get chilly enough for one. Also churches, restaurants and other places tend to have the AC
 set on "Arctic". I wore one of my leatherb skirtn suits and boots the other Snday. 

HeadToToeLeather.jpg

If I looked as stylish as you do I would be wearing my jackets all the time.  Heart

Contributor

It's pushing 90 degrees here in FL. And yes I realize that everyone does not share the same weather but I personally have zero interest in sweaters and jackets as we approach May 1st.

Honored Contributor

@christikate wrote:

It's pushing 90 degrees here in FL. And yes I realize that everyone does not share the same weather but I personally have zero interest in sweaters and jackets as we approach May 1st.

@christikate 

Do you have a spareroom for rent????   LOL

Honored Contributor

@StylishLady2 

Set on 'Arctic' !   LOL

That's my boss....I am stealing that line....Arctic indeed !

Esteemed Contributor

It will be in the 90's here in Arizona and the last thing we need in summer is a jacket. We barely need one in the winter.  Here the a/c can't be cold enough. It feels good when coming in from the outdoors. The only place I might wear a jacket in the summer is if I go to the movies. Then it can get a bit chilly because the a/c is usually blowing directly on me.