Honored Contributor

Re: When You Promise Yourself

@justashopper   Intersting question. I personally spend so much time going through and donating clothing that I just don't buy without careful consideration.

I keep a list in my closet of needs only...mostly if I come across pants that require a belt, a well worn white blouse that needs replacing, etc. ... An outfit that needs a certain shoe/boot. It takes so much time to curate a closet where everything is worn regularly and I make an effort not to fill it back up with items only seldom worn.  

Foods are asy for me since i watch my diet and only eat healthy foods. There are only a few snacks (for DH) in the pantry and I just don't crave them. 

Yes, discipline is my strong suit and I don't watch Q where I'd be tempted to purchase items that are mostly inferior. If I need an item, I purchase something well made and timeless. I go to the mall when I need a specific item and only shop for that. 

Honored Contributor

I won't make a promise that I probably can't keep!

I just spent several hours over the last 2 days going through a couple closets purging --- again --- and bagging up things to donate!  I've been wanting to do this for a long while but it's such a chore.  

I keep saying that I don't need anything since I am retired and rarely go any place.  However, I still like clothes and still enjoy a new item here and there!  

Now, though, I keep in the front of my mind when I look at clothing in stores or on-line ---- where would you wear this, do you actually have an occasion to wear this, is this something that will be useful in your life now, etc.  Just because I like something and I think it's beautiful, doesn't mean I need or should buy it now!  I am much more restrained in my purchases.  I am on a somewhat of a budget since retiring, also!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

My thing is yarn. I make lots of sweaters, vests, scarves, etc., etc., etc.  

A regularly tell myself - no more .... I already have enough to last for years and years.  I justify it since I do make things for charity.  

But ... I also make lots of stuff for me too.

Guess what arrived today ...  a big box of yarn.

Respected Contributor

did you check retailmenot? if there are any current discounts on top of a sale they will have them ther. I never nuy anything onlline without checking there. Also make sure you have 'honey on your computer.

Respected Contributor

Addicted. To. Purses. 😁

Harmonize the World