Trusted Contributor

Ok guys, I promised myself no more.....

Miz Mooz-- they never fit.  I am no longer paying the return shipping to try them on.  

Jackets-  I bought 3 jackets since the beginning of summer. I have not had to wear a jacket since the beginning of summer.  

It's hard because I really want that Logo jean jacket with the fringe and the collar ripped off.  I wanted that a long time ago but it was sold out. Now 3 never been worn jackets later, can't do it. Booo Hoooo.  

I also really want the Dennis Basso fauz fur jacket AND the Miz Mooz boots that were just on with Amy.

Do you have a no- buy list right now?  What is it, how do you adhere to it or do you blow it off and buy what you want anyway?

I also rarely buy cheese (not a qvc fashion item.  LOL) I will eat a whole block in a day or two.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: When You Promise Yourself

I found two jeans I want at Talbot's...but don't want to pay full price for them...because what I really want are light gray jeans and I can't find what I want. These other 2 jeans are consolation prizes, lol, so I just can't bring myself to pay full price. And even with the 25% sale, I just couldn't get me to pull the trigger.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I try not to watch the Q or Hsn too much b/c when I do I spend my money on stuff I really don't need. When I do buy something then I use the PayPal option. That way my return shipping is refunded to me. All of my return shipping is refunded to me by PayPal but there is a limit. You can check it out ...search 

Return Shipping On Us PayPal

Follow the directions there to get started, it's free but you need a PP accoount.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I stopped ordering shoes, clothes and handbags from Q about 3 years ago. I am happier trying these items on and seeing them in person.  I have lots of stores near me so it is not difficult at all.

I order other items from Q--some cosmetics, kitchen and decorative items.  My "no buy" item is jewelry.  I have plenty and don't need another thing.

Respected Contributor

@kate2357 Talbots has great jeans.  I am waiting for a greater than 25% sale.  I have a few items in my cart as well.  I dont need a thing so I am trying to exercise some discipline....I'll be on a look out for a better sale for us!

Esteemed Contributor

I won't buy ice cream. Can't be trusted with it. I get what your saying on having to return items. Such a pain. 

Honored Contributor

I don't promise myself.  With Q, I turn away in disgust.  Just sayin'!

Valued Contributor

I want a pair of Vionic shoes I saw yesterday but due to a very negative shopping experience recently, saying no to the Vionic shoes is very easy. It only took 20+ years but my QVC shopping days appear to be over. Makes saying no AND saving a ton of money super easy!!
Respected Contributor

I certainly can relate. If I really don't want to buy I don't 

look, not at all. No tv, catalogues etc. after a while it becomes second nature.

Honored Contributor

I do indeed, I promised myself I will not buy any boots, jeans, coats, underwear, jewelry, handbags.  I just don't need any of these things.  I have more than enough.  Although I did buy a new JR barn jacket and I'm willing to consider a pair of wide leg or full leg jeans.