Respected Contributor

What's in Your Linea Travel Wardrobe?

The travel season is approaching and I wonder what's in your core Linea travel wardrobe? Anything in the Linea line that you feel are must-haves for travel?

My family is going to Europe this summer and I'm starting to look through the Linea line to see what I'm missing in my wardrobe that would do double duty, wash easily and lighten my suitcase.

Respected Contributor

Re: What's in Your Linea Travel Wardrobe?

Feather Jersey, for sure. They dry in a flash and you could pack an entire wardrobe in your carry on---just ask Jac!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

On 3/27/2014 Sheesh said:

Feather Jersey, for sure. They dry in a flash and you could pack an entire wardrobe in your carry on---just ask Jac!

Thanks, Sheesh. I've got feather jersey in that great long skirt and long tunic in navy. I'll see what else I can find in that fabric.

Trusted Contributor

I took a week's worth of feather jersey last summer, too. The other fabric that packs really well is the poly/span jersey--like the Greek maxi dresses, the hydrangea/Pucci/porcelain vase etc. tops. I also take whisper knits wherever I go. They are always appropriate in Europe. The scrumptious cotton/span blouses--like the upcoming paisley prints, the phoenix, and the floral prints are also very comfortable and lightweight, although they required more careful packing since they do wrinkle. If you have to launder, they are a bit of a pain because they do need ironing. But hey, that's what the hotel laundry service is for.

An essential piece in the feather jersey is this jacket if they have a color and size that works for you. It dresses up the look of the pants, skirts and jackets and are good for A/C places.

Finally, the georgette pieces, like the boho, the safari/tank combo and the crinkle big shirt/dress are also winners.

Super Contributor

My (A213621) Linea Pebble Crepe Tunics have traveled to Costa Rica, Mexico, San Diego & Tucson as well as a trip to the Netherlands last Oct. when I wore layered with WK Tnecks.

Versatile - casual or can really dress them up with accessories!

Also recommend A200938 Chiffon Cardi - if interested, you can read my review on page 7. I use it as a beach cover up or wear it over a LBD for an upscale dinner or special event when on the road. The Black is gorgeous - packs like a scarf! It's a very pretty watercolor placement print. The Gray also mixes well with some of my Linea.

Super Contributor

GraceCO, a great topic Smiley Happy I got a lot of mileage out of A234414 Watercolor Print Dress last year; ended up with several colors. Even though I'm a short, very round, plus sized lady who rarely bares her arms, this dress is so comfortable, rolls up with NO wrinkling that it makes a great travel piece. Add a very light weight sweater or shrug and you're good to go. The Black one is the most neutral and subdued, and is what I'd recommend for Europe. My shrug/sweater is more of a short little sweater, sheer and very light linen weave 3/4 sleeves with some openwork fancy stitching along the neck and down the front facings, all in black, from Pendleton (outlet stores, on clearance for a song ... I bought 4 different colors till I was done Smiley Happy. But any bolero or shrug will work. Have FUN in Europe; don't forget to tell us all about it!

Respected Contributor

I travel a lot---and sometimes very long flights, like to Johannesburg. I always wear Ponte Knits on the plane---especially the drawstring waist pants. If you have the Ponte seamed jacket and pants, I'd make that my "plane" outfit along with a Whisper Knit piece underneath. Even in Summer, it can be very cold in the plane. Also, pack a Pashmina---even a light one is useful, as when your neck is cold, you are cold, and you can wear it over other outfits---tank tops, dresses, etc.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Contributor

We spent the last 3 summers in Europe and are heading back there again in July. I included 3 whisper knit mock neck tanks and 2 regular tanks. I loved the mock necks because I didn't have to worry about wearing a necklace. I don't like to wear much jewelry when I travel. Last year we were in French Riviera, Rome & Tuscany and it almost hit 100 degrees. Surprisingly, these were cool, comfortable and wrinkle free. Have a wonderful holiday!

Respected Contributor

I have been buying peacock a lot lately like linea jacquard tunic. Just bought Bob Mackie's Enchanted Kimono 3/4 Sleeve Chiffon Jacket A251748 in same color. My two cents worth is pretty obvious-I pack a basic like black and a color like peacock/teal.

Super Contributor

GraceCO - I want to add A233854 Linea Printed Drape Front Cardi (still avail in most sizes - however - matching tank = only Size S @ present). I own both Bamboo & Blush sets - wore to Smithsonian Event during this year's Tucson Gemstone Show - got compliments from peoples who were from around the world! That cardi can be worn with many of the Linea tanks & other sweaters (Black) that I'm sure you already own. It weighs mere ounces - hardly takes an 1/2 inch of space.

A very, very sophisticated piece of Linea by the Master himself!

HTH

item#A233855 = matching tank / perhaps one will pop back up in inventory in your size?

Lived in Colorado before moving to AK years ago - was a student @ Colorado School of Mines for 1 year when I was just a 'babe' in the mountains (woods) so to speak. Visit your state often! Great place to live, BUT I LOVE my Alaskan Lifestyle.

ETC - Bad spelling