Honored Contributor

Re: What happens if you are smaller than Size 0?

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Where do you see all of these women who are smaller than a size 0?

I just don't see them anywhere.

I had my six month check up with my Dr. this past Thurs. and with clothes and shoes on weighed in at 86.3 pounds.   As usual he said nothing since at five foot two I have always been little and with no health problems at 54.  I have been going to this office since I was 15.  It is so hard to find clothes but I do what I have to do and I enjoy exercising daily and eating.   Some family and friends used to think I had anorexia but after decades with not evidence they have now realized some women are just small.

Believe me I can and have packed it on.  I gained five pounds a few years ago when my Mom died since I was eating my grief and all the food given.  But I realized it did not fill the hole so I went back to my same old same day and back to my original weight. 

So size 0 women are out there but we get lots of grief.  I did try on clothes one time in the little girl dept. but I did not buy.  There was just something wrong about that.  So I alter new clothes.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you don't exist.  I have known a few women who were your size.  I take dance classes and there are a few very tiny women there.  I'm pretty small, a small size 4 currently, and even I hear comments from people about my size, as though I'm some sort of freak or nut who does nothing but diet.  And it's not true.   And I think, at 5'6" I look perfectly normal.  I'm healthy and strong.

I just don't see a lot of small size women out and about on a regular basis and wonder why anyone would even ask what a small size woman does for clothing (if they're not a small size woman who is having a hard time finding clothes).

No worries but like overweight people small folks get the grief too.  You are definitely small.  I just sent and email to my son for July 4th menu and told him I want burgers loaded a couple of different ways with homemade fries and onion rings. (I will supply dessert) I do love to eat but I am still hooked on exercise from high school/college.  Getting old so I am doing less each year.  Happy 4th Kitty!  Smiley Wink

I plan on eating some great barbeque on the 4th, complete with all the homemade stuff that everyone brings!  I'm making a guacamole and probably a mango pineapple salsa.  I'm hungry just thinking about the menu. Smiley Happy

Happy 4th to you, too!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You become good friends with a good tailor, and everything has to be tailored.  Shopping in a children's department doesn't work if you work for a living, and your professional wardrobe has to be more elevated than Garanimals.

Still bashing very thin people I see. 

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I bet Kelly Ripa, and Susan Lucci and Kit Hoover are all a double 00 or less, I am quite sure they have their clothes made for them...Kit is on Access Hollywood and she is 5'1" and very very tiny.......

My next door neighbor is very tiny also, maybe 5' and she mentioned her weight was 88 lbs...she shops in the children's dept. for many items, and when she needs something for a special occasion, she goes to a tailor...

Super Contributor

You eat a hamburger and fries every day for a month.............:

Respected Contributor

My friend is really small and short.  She buys are her jeans, tees, boots and athletic shoes in the little boys/girls sections.  She owns dresses, but I've never asked her where she gets those.  

I don't know why I read the thread because I've never have that problem.  I'm a lifetime member of Weight Watchers if that tells you anything.

The ones making jokes are truly joking and probably jealous at the same time.  I know I am jealous.  I just know better than to joke because people are so easily offended these days.  Heck, I joke about my own size/weight even though I am getting smaller!

Honored Contributor

On a positive note, tiny women can save money buying girls' sizes. I've noticed that certain brands, such as The North Face and Uggs, sell the exact same items for less $$ in girls' sizes as opposed to misses'.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@cinebee wrote:

You disappear?

Yep. And, since no one can see you, no clothes needed! 

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

You wear juniors & kids clothes

My sister is very thin and toned. She is petite and a 0.  She often has a difficult time finding clothing to fit her.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

You become good friends with a good tailor, and everything has to be tailored.  Shopping in a children's department doesn't work if you work for a living, and your professional wardrobe has to be more elevated than Garanimals.

Still bashing very thin people I see. 

So TYPICAL, and it's ALWAYS the ones who are NOT even close who do the bashing.

Honored Contributor

Original Poster here.  No, I'm absolutely not resentful and it was a serious question.  A lot of us are in this hard-to-find-good-fitting-clothes boat together, both large and small.  Until I discovered QVC 20 years ago, I had problems.  The "stout" shops bugged the heck out of me, so did the plus sections of department stores. Mostly shapeless tents in dark colors, for more money. Even LL Bean charged (and still charges) 5.00 extra for anything larger than an XL.  I think people are just joking around, I didn't read one truly nasty post.