Honored Contributor

For the first time in my life this appeared on a recent Susan Graver order.  I used to think people meant wait list when they said this.  

Respected Contributor

Re: What does back order mean?

It usually means they ran out of stock, ordered more, and your item will ship as soon as they get more in.

It's similar to a waitlist and backordered items can be canceled, but the odds of getting the item are usually higher.

Honored Contributor

What does it mean if my item is on back order?

We hope we can always fulfill your order right away but, sometimes, items are out of stock—that means, it can take a few weeks to 30 days to know whether we can fulfill it. If we’re able to, your order status will change from “back order” to “shipped” and we’ll send a confirmation, as long as your email address is on your account. Also, you’ll only be billed if and when your order ships.

In the meantime, you have options:

• If the item comes in different colors, styles, or sizes, consider choosing one that may be available immediately.
  • You can cancel your order at any time.

If you’d like to modify your order, just go to Order Status and follow the links. Or, reach out to Customer Service—we’re here to help.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

A belated thank you.  Its nice to know you QVC people are reading the boards.  I'm letting my order stand and crossing my fingers.  

Esteemed Contributor

I just had an interesting back order experience.

Ordered two items on one order and, when I checked the status a week later, both were marked as back ordered. I figured I didn’t need one of the items and cancelled it and looked to see if any of the other item was available in a different color. It was still showing what I ordered as available! I was going to call and ask, but as soon as I went back into my original order, it was now showing as processing!! As far as I could tell, it was the other item holding both back!!

But the story isn’t over. I went into the item that I had cancelled and it too still showed what I originally ordered as available. I reordered and contacted Q for the price adjustment. But, even though it was showing as available a week after it originally aired, it again went into backorder. Which I think is ridiculous - if it’s not immediately available, that should be noted on the website as a waitlist. I needed it immediately and the extra time kept me from taking it on my trip.

In case it’s not obvious, I kind of have irrationally strong feelings about backorders! LOL
Super Contributor

Well I ordered well before they over sold the item. My order was then backordered and cancelled by QVC almost a month later without notice.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pamula wrote:
Well I ordered well before they over sold the item. My order was then backordered and cancelled by QVC almost a month later without notice.

This happens all the time.  I'm of the opinion that QVC processes the last orders first.   Obviously I don't have access to Q's internal processing systems to say this is true, but it happens too often for it not to be.

Happened to me multiple times.  I've even had an auto delivery item cancelled because it was no longer available because others changed their future order to my scent (Which is likely why some vendors no longer allow you to make such changes.)