Respected Contributor

What do you wear "around the house"?

I'm mostly retired now...what little I do is done from home. I'm really enjoying not having to "dress" for the office every day! 

I do shower every day, blow dry hair and put on a little makeup (powder foundation, blush) most days.

Spring/Summer--I have several pairs of Denim & Co. pull-on cropped jeans, several of Denim & Co. elbow sleeve Henley style t-shirts in various colors. Croc flipflops are my shoe of choice. So easy!

Fall/Winter--several pairs of Denim & Co. Classic Waist pull-on jeans, several 3/4 and long sleeve waffle knit tops in a number of colors (both D & C, and Woman Within), again Croc flipflops. If I go to the grocery or whatever, I will change into closed shoes, usually Skechers.

I like not having to think about an "outfit", I just open a drawer and take out whatever's on top!

Super Contributor

Re: What do you wear "around the house"?

I wear sleevles casual maxi dresses in the summer. I still like to dress nice at home & they're very comfortable. Empire waistlines, full skirts, rounded necklines that don't show my clevage. In the winter I wear jeans, a long sleeve t-shirt & a cardigan sweater. 

Honored Contributor

@vermint   It's great you've found what works for you now.

I'm still working part time and on those days when I have appts., I dress casually, but professionally in dark or black jeans/slacks, linen shirt or tee and slides. 

I need to attend the weddings to do bridal makeup and have to step it up. I take a silky shirt and some Diamonique jewelry with me to switch into.

On my days home, I dress for my upstairs studio and wear old tees and gym pants (elastic waist....most comfy) from a basket filled with these pieces that have paint all over them and a pr. of sneakers that are also splatered with paint.

Respected Contributor

Warm weather...yoga pants, t shirts, athletic slides

cold weather...fleece leggings, fleece tops, house shoes or athletic slides

I don't wear makeup around the house and do nothing to my hair but put it up. My personal choice is for my retirement years to be easy and carefree and not having to do hair and makeup after years and years of doing it daily? Heaven! feel fine about how I look without makeup, and my neighbors see me all the time without, so no biggie.

Honored Contributor

Clothing I wouldn't wear outside, e.g, shorts, shift dress, bathrobe, pjs.  

Esteemed Contributor

Ever since I retired, I wear yoga pants and T-shirts every day.  I add a lightweight hoodie as needed.  That’s my retirement uniform.  I rarely wear makeup anymore, except for church.  Inside shoes are usually crocs and outside shoes vary from athletic shoes to sandals.  

Valued Contributor

I wear a lot of shorts, jeans, a lot of joggers.  Shirts.. almost all tshirts.  I never wear makeup unless I am going out. 

The only time I think of what I will wear is when I am going out for dinner, going to church, taking a trip.  Otherwise, I am very casual.    

Esteemed Contributor

Summer in Arizona I wear shorts, and a tee, winter a long sleeved tee and longer pants or jeans. Little makeup, just enough not to scare young children or animals. Sneakers almost exclusively.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I change in to shorts after work.  Sometimes I wear skorts to work.  I have been wearing them to work during the heat wave.  But weekends, I'm in shorts all the time.  Staying in the house of going out, I'm in shorts.  And most of the time sports sandels.  I've got great ones from Teva.

Respected Contributor

I am retired and live where it is quite hot May-October.  If I am going to be home, I wear workout clothes - shorts, sleeveless tees and a sports bra.  If I am going out, I wear denim shorts or a tennis skirt and a tee. I pretty much wear the same things in the cooler months but change the workout shorts to leggings and the denim shorts to jeans.  I love retirement!