Honored Contributor

Re: What did you see - fashion wise - in church this AM?

On 4/20/2014 Scotnovel said:
On 4/20/2014 JustJazzmom said:

Someone wearing printed pants as they went up to Communion.

Some folks had jeans on and some wore very appropriate clothing.

Is there something wrong with printed pants? As for jeans, if they fit well and are clean why would there be a problem with wearing them in church?

Nothing wrong with printed pants, just saying what I saw!! Jeans are not appropriate for church IMO seeing as his wife was better dressed next to the guy who had the jeans on in front of me!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

What I noticed is the church was full and it was nice to see. The children were dressed up and looked so cute. I sat behind a good friend of mine and her family and she had on a pretty light purple jacket and I complimented her and she complimented me on my seafoam green dress.

People were dressed up more than usual and it was nice to see everyone celebrating together. My favorite mass is Easter mass.

The weather turned out great and no coats needed.

Valued Contributor

On 4/20/2014 lovesrecess said:
On 4/20/2014 ValuSkr said:

This is what parishioners saw at California Community Church in L.A. - none other than Kris Jenner.

Kris Jenner Easter 1Kris Jenner Easter

other than wearing a dress that is too short and too tight and needing something on her legs, she looks okay

At least she was going to church....did she go alone?

Oh my that is awful. How can you not know that at her age what not to wear.

Honored Contributor

On 4/20/2014 FunkyHulaGirl said:

I was there to worship the Lord, not observe what people were wearing.

What on earth is this for an answer? Have you EVER heard of the song that goes "In your Easter bonnet..." well, the author wasn't necessarily Godless. This is a FASHION FORUM. Traditionally, women wear the colors of spring flowers to celebrate the redawning of life in nature, which they bring into the church! On Easter Sunday! They buy new clothes to celebrate spring, and again newness of life! All of this revolves around the RISEN Christ, ie, new life and the promise. Eggs (I guess you are against dieing them too) celebrate a new BEGINNING or REBIRTH of Christ. I guess you don't allow your family to celebrate with a meal either. Whatever. Pitty!

You can ALWAYS start your own thread about interpretations of whatever. This thread was about FASHION.

Valued Contributor

On 4/20/2014 SunnyinSEPA said:
On 4/20/2014 Tissyanne said: Fashion on Easter Sunday has been of keen interest by women for years. When I was growing up it was all about hats, hat pins, alligator shoes and matching purses. Oh, and women worshipped too.

We always looked forward to a new outfit for Easter Sunday when I was growing up: a dress, white shoes, a hat (with an elastic chin strap that was always too tight), gloves, and if I was lucky, a little purse. My mother would also buy me a new spring coat around l(we called it an "all-weather coat") that I probably wore only once or twice before it was outgrown. This was also when women over a certain age did not go into a church without their head covered. (My mother had lacy veils in various colors for this purpose.) I miss the days when everyone showed respect (self-respect and respect for others) by the way they dressed, in all facets of life.

I remember those days too. I liked the chapel veils that were long like a scarf.

Trusted Contributor

I attended two services this morning at my church. I was surprised to see quite a few maxi dresses, mostly on teens and twenty-somethings. Most people were dressed like a usual Sunday. I thought I'd see more men wearing ties on Easter.

Later I hosted a family brunch. My darling one year old granddaughter came wearing the cutest pink floral dress with a pink shrug. It had a petticoat underneath! Her other grandmother bought it and I thought it came from a high end department store. Boy, was I wrong. It came from Kmart! It was beautiful!

Super Contributor

Passing thoughts - I live in Southern California and anyone who thinks that maxi dresses are not in style anymore better tell that to about 80% of the women at our service this morning. That picture of Kris Jenner proves my point of saying that women over a certain age should always wear something on their legs-even Kris Jenner. Dress is way too short on her especially for church. The comment about jeans not being appropriate for church? My wonderful church is less than a mile from the beach and , on a given Sunday, at least 50% of the congregation (including the pastor) is wearing jeans. I think it depends where you live as in Southern California it is very, very casual.

Honored Contributor

I start an innocent thread and some of you have to get snarky - even on the holiest holiday of the year. And you are putting yourself out there as a holier than thou Christian???!!! Shame on you. It does not make someone a bad Christian to notice what others are wearing as they pass by your aisle.

As for the subject at hand - living in a beach resort area we get every level of fashion at our church every sunday. I saw a few lovely suits - probably professional women - and I saw many cute summer dresses on women of all ages from minis to maxis. The men were dressed in everything from jeans and shorts to suits, but most in polo shirts and dress pants.

My Mom taught us that dressing nicely for church was a matter of showing respect.

Frequent Contributor

The six-year old twin girls who always sit in front of me had on matching pink and white ruffled dresses with white patent shoes and pink hair bows. One of the twins is very girly and would wear a fancy dress even if she didn't have to. The other one, who is more sporty, had on her Spiderman watch with her ruffled dress. She came up to me after the service to show me. Their 13-month old boy cousin started off the day in black trousers, a white button down shirt, black vest, and a little striped tie. He looked so adorable! He stayed in the nursery during our worship service, but he ran in once church was over. The shoes and tie were gone. LOL

I can only imagine what the baby granddaughter or grandson I will have by next Easter will be wearing!

Valued Contributor

I enjoyed services this Easter Day. We have a cross section of dress and all are welcomed. I wore a pair of black pants, black T and a breezy light jacket with soft purples and blues along with black Clark's leather slip ons and small black purse. Our pastor had on jeans and a T and gave an inspirational message to ponder and encouraged us to read the book of Mark.