Honored Contributor

What Do You Think of This New Trend?

A while ago I started noticing hosts and models wearing long-sleeved T-shirts wrapped around their back and neck and tied in front, much like a cardigan. Then I saw a vendor talking about how "chic" it is. 

You can always untie the cardigan and wear it, but what do you do with a T-shirt? 

I'm just not crazy about this look. I don't think it is "chic" at all. Are you OK with it?  Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Re: What Do You Think of This New Trend?

No difference than wearing a scarf or something else for a "pop of color".  Seems slightly silly to me to wear two shirts but if that's what someone wants to do its okay with me.  Just don't ask me to carry your extra shirt when it becomes a burden.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Isn't that much like the old Preppie look from years ago?

Respected Contributor

I still remember wearing your buttoned cardigan backwards with the buttons at the back.

I read that that trend from the 50s & 60s is coming back.

Honored Contributor

When a vendor is trying to sell something, anything is "chic" if she says so...as it seems by how many women adopt it.  

It would be fine if they were wearing it over a shirt, temps went up, they removed it and didn't have a place to carry it, so they tied it around their waists or necks.  I consider that practical use of layering to take the chill off in the morning or later in the evening.  A sweater would work better, though.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care whats in, out, chic, on trend,  or even if I don't care for it, it's my choice to buy or not and pass on by. 

Trusted Contributor

I don’t care about many trends. For instance, they keep telling us skinny jeans are out. Well, I happen to like them but I have a variety of jean styles. I don’t like the trend you mentioned. It seems unattractive. I like if a top or sweater has buttons on the back but could only want one at most. But I’m not going to wear a sweater backwards.
Respected Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

I still remember wearing your buttoned cardigan backwards with the buttons at the back.

I read that that trend from the 50s & 60s is coming back.

I'm from the 60 - 70, never heard or seen anything like that. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you @beach-mom .  And to call that look "chic" is just silly. 

Honored Contributor

@HLP : I remember wearing the cardigan "backwards",but I think it was really BIG in the '50's.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man