Honored Contributor

I didn't know that those buttons exist.

So, I typed/Google searched "huge buttons", and there are many available.  Nicely priced, too, in the button scheme of things.

Some are called 'giant' wood buttons', etc.

Anyway, we can purchase those huge buttons and embellish our shawls.

Love your shawl and your posted outfit combinations.

Have a nice week, everyone.

Thanks for the idea. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF 

I like everything you wear.  I love the "hot" pink and I love the gray.  Gray is not my color but it looks wonderful on you and you have tweaked it so well.  Goes from morning to evening and in-between.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm loving that necklace and the sweater just across your shoulders.  Now, that's a nice sweather.  I love it.  In case you didn't know, it's on "trend" right now too.  I'm sure you knew though.  I would dress the way you do in a heart beat, I love your style!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF- Looking good per usual.

Super Contributor

Re: WIW (w/e 11/12/22)...

[ Edited ]

@Chopsmom   AND it has to be gone quickly before I start waffling and revert to Old MacDuff, "I might be able to use this some time, some where, some how. You just never know when the S[will]HTF or the Zombie Apocalypse will actually happen, and I won't be able to buy yet another white tee." hahaha That kind of "oldthink" is pretty much how I ended up doing the infamous Great and Terrible Closet Purge. Never again!!

@Desert Lily  Contrary to what I just said to chops haha, I'm glad I didn't get rid of it (in my defense, I was using it as a bed shawl).  Suddenly, I'm "seeing it" with several things in my closet. Go figure.

@kze   @Lisa Y   My Mom would love y'all...and I would get the I told you so look!

@queendiva  Yes, same pant in all pics. I'm a "pink girl," too. My friend, who is not, used to sarcastically ask me if I was channeling Pinky Tuscadaro hahaha. I love the high contrast of black and white, but black with the bright, hot colors can be iffy. I thought I'd be able to turn the banded bottom under for my Dad jeans, but banded hems and BottiBelli do not get along well. Hope you are well, and back to thrifting.

Hi @wilma   At this point, I live to find a thrifted gem!

Hi @Northray  It's nice to see you...have you been MIA or have I just been missing your posts?!

@kellieK    Everyone and their brother can claim to be a stylist it seems...stylist, pro stylist, former stylist, personal stylist, stylist to the stars...I'm just a retired admin assist with too much time on my hands, but glad I finally figured out how to style my clothes in a way that minimizes BottiBelli and doesn't cost an arm and a leg hahaha.

@shoptilyadropagain  You'd be surprised how much the pics help me decide. It's a different perspective than looking in the mirror...I can't explain it.

@ROMARY  I haven't seen those giant buttons on anything new lately, but used to see them a lot several years ago. I don't know how you missed those ginormous buttons...you can see them from space hahaha.

@Nonametoday  I think pale grey and charcoal grey look best on me with the grey hair, so I was surprised that this greige worked, which might be because it has black undertones. I bought it to wear as a base layer because it's silk (warm, but breathable) and has a snug fit (not bulky under sweaters). It didn't hurt that it's a Brooks Brothers and cost $6 either!

Hi @gertrudecloset  I like the sweater-over-the-shoulders look, but every time I've tried it, I felt like it would fall off or that I'd be fussing with it all day. Mine is an oblong shawl and does have the look you mentioned...the giant buttons keep it in place...has a button hole, so I can adjust it.

Hi @qbetzforreal   Hope you are well!

Thanks to all for your nice comments.

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~