New Contributor

Over the years, I've traveled yearly to warm climate during the winter months and know many others who also do.  I wish Isaac Mizrahi, Kim Gravel and certain other designers would create and present on QVC a "Resort Wear" line of clothing to present in the early weeks of winter.  I feel is it an untapped market!  We could all order new summer clothes to enhance what we already own.  Some of us like to separate our winter clothes from summer in early fall and pack summer things away.  It would be helpful, fun, and timely to order a few new 'resort wear' items to pump up our wardrobe.  New bathing suits, coverups, beautiful lounge wear would be lovely if it arrived in early January.  Maybe I am crazy???  Thoughts??

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: WINTER FASHION FOR TRAVEL

[ Edited ]

Who can afford to travel these days? Oy!

Respected Contributor

@Smartgrannie2003 wrote:

Over the years, I've traveled yearly to warm climate during the winter months and know many others who also do.  I wish Isaac Mizrahi, Kim Gravel and certain other designers would create and present on QVC a "Resort Wear" line of clothing to present in the early weeks of winter.  I feel is it an untapped market!  We could all order new summer clothes to enhance what we already own.  Some of us like to separate our winter clothes from summer in early fall and pack summer things away.  It would be helpful, fun, and timely to order a few new 'resort wear' items to pump up our wardrobe.  New bathing suits, coverups, beautiful lounge wear would be lovely if it arrived in early January.  Maybe I am crazy???  Thoughts??

I love the idea. I travel to warmer climates in January and would love to purchase some new things for my trip. I have to rotate out my seasonal clothes, and my off-season stuff is stored in a storage unit. Last year I was running back and forth to storage trying to pull everything together at Christmas time, which was a hassle. This year I packed a huge box of possible clothing and have it set aside. I still need to pick up some things and will be shopping for things to fill in.

Honored Contributor

@Smartgrannie2003    Not crazy at all -   In addition to all those who travel to find warmth and sun, millions of us live here year-round.      

Honored Contributor

@Smartgrannie2003   You're not crazy.  Smiley Happy

But every piece of fashion you mention is what QVC already shows and has in their inventory.  Not to mention the never-ending scenarios and personal stories of --  1) wear that to the beach as a cover-up, 2) wear this to the ski cabin, 3) wear that traveling to that resort now that we're getting out there..

There's nothing new to that.  It's just that the shopper needs to buy the whatever it is, and put the outfits together.  

I've been changing out my wardrobe twice a year for decades.  I purchase my clothes with all scenarios in mind.  I know exactly what to pull out for "resort" travelling."  

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1    Who are all those people on the plains, trains, and cross-country super highways?

Respected Contributor

I love the idea of QVC presenting clothes for HOT weather.

You know they never feature it.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in Arizona and you can buy that stuff pretty much all year. Bathing suits show up in January along with other warm weather clothes but you can still find stuff all year long. So if you are traveling here it's available anytime of the year. Plus I don't think we do much of what you would call resort wear. Shorts, tees, jeans are the norm. We don't do fancy.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops Toxic debt

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@millieshops Toxic debt

That is a huge assumption.