Contributor

Re: Victoria Secret now includes models larger than a size 2......

trinity11 men and women  both should dress too cover up what falls over. i for one do not want to see it.

Super Contributor

@HaileyB wrote:
We have been subject to the enormous bellies of men on the beach forever. We dont look twice. We accept that huge bulbous guts, flabby tatooed arms and sagging mannaries are what some men look like. Dont get me started on butt cracks. We should get used to women being able to look like themselves too.
How to have a bikini body- Have a body. Put on a bikini.

This is true, but you'd never find a man like that on the cover of a magazine either. It's just not attractive or healthy looking.

Honored Contributor

I think I learned a new word today, and that would be "manneries" that I think refers to what I call "man boobs"!   

I don't like to see them on the beach other, but I got a smack down on this board yesterday for daring to say that a certain male host is somewhat overweight!

people are very reactive these days.  I suppose it's due to covid restrictions/stress. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HaileyB wrote:
@Lali1right? There are some people who look underfed and weak, there are people who have leather hides for skin and all kinds of scars, cellulite, hair and moles. Yet here we sit, wrapped in a coverup, afraid of our rolls, waiting to finally have the stars align so we can diet and exercise to reach an impossible standard. In the end we've missed out on the pleasure of sun and sea on our bodies.

FYI, there is no dearth of comments around here regarding what some think is an "underfed and weak" looking person. In fact, it seems to be just fine for some to ridicule thin women. @HaileyB 

I have never seen that on these boards.

@NYCLatinaMe , I assure you that Suzyq3 is correct about the comments regarding thin women on this board. I started posting here nearly 13/years ago and heard "anorexic, skin and bones, popsicle stick, stick figure and various other endearments. Being very slender myself, I guess they stung so I remember them...

@Trinity11 I am so sorry you were stung for being too thin.  As I have written on this thread, I don't care for hateful messages about the shape of women, whatever shape they are.  

I was just speaking for myself, responding to @suzyQ3 that I read these boards and I have never seen thin women being ridiculed.  

The only comments I have read regarding extreme thinness are concerns expressed about Celine Dion's health because of her extreme weight LOSS.  She was not being ridiculed in what I read.  The posts were about her fashions.  The pictures posted showed her weight LOSS.  Posters wrote that Celine Dion said she was happy and healthy.

I have not seen any criticism of thin models or other thin people not popularly known regarding how thin they are.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HaileyB wrote:
@Lali1right? There are some people who look underfed and weak, there are people who have leather hides for skin and all kinds of scars, cellulite, hair and moles. Yet here we sit, wrapped in a coverup, afraid of our rolls, waiting to finally have the stars align so we can diet and exercise to reach an impossible standard. In the end we've missed out on the pleasure of sun and sea on our bodies.

FYI, there is no dearth of comments around here regarding what some think is an "underfed and weak" looking person. In fact, it seems to be just fine for some to ridicule thin women. @HaileyB 

I have never seen that on these boards.

@NYCLatinaMe , I assure you that Suzyq3 is correct about the comments regarding thin women on this board. I started posting here nearly 13/years ago and heard "anorexic, skin and bones, popsicle stick, stick figure and various other endearments. Being very slender myself, I guess they stung so I remember them...

@Trinity11 I am so sorry you were stung for being too thin.  As I have written on this thread, I don't care for hateful messages about the shape of women, whatever shape they are.  

I was just speaking for myself, responding to @suzyQ3 that I read these boards and I have never seen thin women being ridiculed.  

The only comments I have read regarding extreme thinness are concerns expressed about Celine Dion's health because of her extreme weight LOSS.  She was not being ridiculed in what I read.  The posts were about her fashions.  The pictures posted showed her weight LOSS.  Posters wrote that Celine Dion said she was happy and healthy.

I have not seen any criticism of thin models or other thin people not popularly known regarding how thin they are.

It might be because it's not on your radar, @NYCLatinaMe, I've heard all the examples given by @Trinity and more.

I remember the "popsicle" remark. I responded to it, and the poster made no attempt to even understand my dismay.

I think that it's fair game around here. Thankfully, I do see blowback when a poster makes rude remarks about women of more size.

In real life, I recall two "friends" of mine making fun of me with lame remarks. There was no way I would have ever said such things to anyone  who was very heavy, as was one of these women.

Do people think that because you might be very thin that you wouldn't be offended at insults? 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

I used to be tall and very thin  as a youngster.  I remember refusing to wear straight skirts in high school because my hip bones stuck out.  While I am still tall after 50 I put on some weight.  I would not be considered obese but I do remember being self conscious about being so thin. 

PS:  It always just amazes me the way a lot older men walk around at the beach or a pool.  Do they actually think the pot belly, saggy tattoos is a good look?

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

Not only do the thin critical remarks happen there is one poster in particular that does it pretty regularly and I'm sure that @suzyQ3  and @Trinity11 both know who I'm talking about

I once listened to marla Ginsberg (Marla Wyne) beat Bobby Ray over the head with skinny jokes through a full presentation! I was mortified for her

Honored Contributor

Nobody should wear a speedo.  They should be outlawed even for thin man and the tin man.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe 

Not only do the thin critical remarks happen there is one poster in particular that does it pretty regularly and I'm sure that @suzyQ3  and @Trinity11 both know who I'm talking about

I once listened to marla Ginsberg (Marla Wyne) beat Bobby Ray over the head with skinny jokes through a full presentation! I was mortified for her

LOL, @Andreatoo , I know exactly who you mean. At times, though, her replies are comical.

Esteemed Contributor

Have to wonder how the remarks would have been different if the model was smoking rather than overweight?