Honored Contributor

Victoria Secret now includes models larger than a size 2......

I never thought I'd see the day VS feauturing different size models.  Long over due? What are your thoughts?

Screenshot_2021-02-21 Victoria's Secret on Instagram “DESTINATION SWIM Styling Alex White alexwhiteedits​ Hair Jawara jawar[...].jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Victoria Secret now includes models larger than a size 2......

I agree, long over due. We all come in different sizes so lets keep it realistic.

Regular Contributor

Fantastic!  About time.  Everybody needs underclothing regardless of one's size.

Contributor

Yes, long over due! Welcome to the real world VS!😉

Esteemed Contributor

This whole "inclusive" thing is getting out of hand.  Sorry, but this girl does not look good in that bathing suit and if she thinks she does......sad. I doubt that VS thinks she does either, but they have to be PC.   I am all for plus sized models, but put them in something that doesn't make them look ridiculous or desperate.  There could have been a better choice.  This is unfortunate.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

It's just good business and they're finally waking up to it.  There are millions to be made from sales to larger women.  QVC finally became aware and others will too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, it lets women know you don't have to be a size 2 to be beautiful or a model.

The unrealistic portrayals of women in the fashion and modeling and entertainment world makes unreachable and unhealthy expectations.

That said, I don't think everyone looks good in a bikini. I know I never did or felt comfortable in one since I can remember anything.So just cause a certain fashion is out there doesn't mean it is going to flatter all of us no matter what size we are. But the fashion industry hopes we all buy the latest thing no matter what we look like in it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

It's about time! 

Esteemed Contributor

MY thoughts are last time I was in a Victoria's Secret store, I had a hard time finding panties in a Large. I am not being mean or snarky, but how easy will it be for plus sized people to find that size in the store?

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

This whole "inclusive" thing is getting out of hand.  Sorry, but this girl does not look good in that bathing suit and if she thinks she does......sad. I doubt that VS thinks she does either, but they have to be PC.   I am all for plus sized models, but put them in something that doesn't make them look ridiculous or desperate.  There could have been a better choice.  This is unfortunate.

@tends2dogs   I agree.  While the bra looks nice on her, I'm not crazy about the bikini bottom.  I'm thinner than her but still wouldn't have my belly hanging out.  However many seem to feel that this is okay, PC it is.