Honored Contributor

Very cute denim jacket with embroidery from denim & co

I'd buy it in a second if the price were reasonable , but $75.50 + tax & S&H would end up over $80 and that is not within my opinion of reasonably priced. So sad that QVC's prices have gone out of my range. They have a cute tiered maxi chambray skirt too that was $45.50 I think - which is too much as well, IMO. Oh well, makes me stick to my idea of only buying what I need and not what I just want.

Super Contributor

Re: Very cute denim jacket with embroidery from denim & co

I started watching QVC quite a while ago when products were really reasonably priced. That was how they got people shopping from the TV, by offering reasonably priced items. In the past couple of years cloting costs (as well as almost everything else) have more than doubled on most home shopping channels and add the shipping, which continues to increse, it has ended most of my television shopping. There are local stores and online sties that offer much better deals. Most oneline stores offer free shipping or free shipping if you buy a certain amount of product. I know the jacket your speaking of. I liked it too because it seems to have a nice length to it but I'm not paying that much for a denim jacket made in China where the labor is paid a couple cents and hour, if that.

Honored Contributor

Reasonable prices are in the eye of the beholder.

Honored Contributor

I like it a lot, except for the pastel colors (blush and light blue) used for the embroidery.  I would have jumped at it, at that price, if the embroidery was done in deeper, jeweled colors. 

I wear denim jackets in the office in the summer sometimes, but I hardly ever (if ever) wear pastels.  I wear denim jackets a lot in the fall and winter, and definitely never wear pastels then.

Honored Contributor

JMO This denim jacket is ugly. I just bought an adorable denim jacket at a local boutique for $125 and thought that was a very fair price. I won't be see seeing myself walking around. Its unique and fits like a dream. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I have between 10 and 15 Chicos denim jackets, many with some embroidery.  Most were obtained from EBay for an average price of $32 (including shipping). IMO, Chicos ladies are usually very gentle on their clothes, so I never notice any wear and of course I launder prior to wearing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The other day you claimed you weren't buying so you could give to the poor....I don't feel guilty about anything I buy. You only live once ,and I still am generous to the poor

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

The other day you claimed you weren't buying so you could give to the poor....I don't feel guilty about anything I buy. You only live once ,and I still am genreous to the poor

Ah, forgot about that one. @cherry you are a treasure.

Spoiler
Heart
Honored Contributor

@151949  I don't know what this thread is about since you didn't give an item number.   Oh well.

Honored Contributor

Retailers will continue to raise and raise prices until the consumers stop buying - only then will prices go down. Unfortunately, we are a society of consumers who will pay anything for what they want. They can buy on credit and honestly, I don't think they even look at prices. Impulse shoppers. So those of us who are conscientious shoppers and who do demand value for our money suffer not being able to find goods at decent prices due to the "it's my money and I'll do what I want with it"  attitude.