Honored Contributor

Re: Very cute denim jacket with embroidery from denim & co

None of us stuck our nose into your business, when you bought vehicles, and a camper and a house

It is just too bad you are so bitter about what other people own, and what they buy. Frankly, I say good for them. If it makes them happy . It makes me very happy. I love clothing an my husband likes me to look nice, So, he is the only person who I am concerned about, when I purchase something

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Embroidered denim jackets can be found at many pricepoints. It does appear most of the less expensive offers are waist length or slightly below.

The D&C jacket is longer. From what I've found $75 is not a bad price for a longer jacket.

http://www.qvc.com/Studio-by-Denim-%26-Co-Embroidered-Button-Front-Jean-Jacket.product.A305405.html?...

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Retailers will continue to raise and raise prices until the consumers stop buying - only then will prices go down. Unfortunately, we are a society of consumers who will pay anything for what they want. They can buy on credit and honestly, I don't think they even look at prices. Impulse shoppers. So those of us who are conscientious shoppers and who do demand value for our money suffer not being able to find goods at decent prices due to the "it's my money and I'll do what I want with it"  attitude.

Credit? I use my American Express and pay it off monthly. I accumulate points and by the time Christmas rolls around, I have a nice accumulation of money I can put towards anything I so desire.

Your idea of value is probably not mine. No, I will not spend $225.00 for a Theory T shirt but if I owned only 2 a season and the color was the perfect shade of mauve that my husband loves seeing me wear.....it would be a sale.

You bought a Cadillac? Do you really think if you hadn't the price would have gone down?

Everyone's concept of what is worth it is different dependent upon their economic background. Having worked in retail at Tiffany's, I saw quite a bit. My take was that you usually get what you pay for. Rarely, are there bargains in retail. People just try to convince themselves of it...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get a great deal of value from my Costco branded credit card, @151949.  Basically every purchase I make is put on that card. I’m well aware of how much I am charging because I check the balance each day to make sure there are no unauthorized charges.  It’s paid off religiously each month.  

I don’t happen to care for the embroidery on that jacket so I’m not tempted.

Honored Contributor

That jacket looks soooooo much like the ones Bob Mackie was selling around 2003 or so.   It was a set that came with cropped pants and there were coordinating t-shirts available.  

I had several sets that have since gone to Goodwill ... but still wearing some of the tees.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

That jacket looks soooooo much like the ones Bob Mackie was selling around 2003 or so.   It was a set that came with cropped pants and there were coordinating t-shirts available.  

I had several sets that have since gone to Goodwill ... but still wearing some of the tees.

@ALRATIBA

I had that set in black with azalea embroidery, white in purple/blue embroidery, and lilac with pink embroidery.  Mine have since gone to the Salvation.  They were still in excellent condition.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ALRATIBA

I had that set in black with azalea embroidery, white in purple/blue embroidery, and lilac with pink embroidery.  Mine have since gone to the Salvation.  They were still in excellent condition.

@lulu1

I had the black, the white, and the blue sets.  

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry

Every time I buy something - clothes, shoes, purses, furniture ---- I tell myself that "I deserve it" - and I do!!!!! 

Spoiler
Woman Very Happy
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have that Denim & Co. jacket in the bleached denim and it's beautiful.  The colors in the embroidery are very soft and neutral.  The denim itself is very heavy, much more so than the ton of other denim jackets I own.  It's the jacket I'd wear in winter, not in summer because a restaurant might be chilly.  With reasonable care this jacket will last a lifetime.  Thats why its more expensive than the norm.  Its extremely well made and a cut above the normal Q jean jacket; totally different fabric.

Screenshot_20180618-145942.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I especially like the white one.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)