Esteemed Contributor

Re: Update! Marimekko Target is up to order!!!

@Chi-town girl, thanks for the news flash!!! I put the two tops in my cart and then saw a bit that said they were available at the store a couple of miles from me, so going to mosey on down there when they open. Can't wait to see the rest of the very happy collection!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

UPDATE: wow! I'm glad I went to the store instead of ordering online! At Q I am usually XXS or XS, was going to order the tops online in a Medium. Went to the Target store and got the Large. Lol! Just glad I avoided the returns. Love the black/white top, the blue wave one wasn't in my store.

Contributor

Thanks for posting this. I ordered two kaftans! Loved the bright, bold prints.

Honored Contributor

This is the least impressive of the designer marketing events, IMO. But, then again, I have paid very little attention to any of them and have not been motivated to buy any products at all. All the drama does seem to cause a shopping frenzy & that seems to be the goal...

Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

UPDATE: wow! I'm glad I went to the store instead of ordering online! At Q I am usually XXS or XS, was going to order the tops online in a Medium. Went to the Target store and got the Large. Lol! Just glad I avoided the returns. Love the black/white top, the blue wave one wasn't in my store.

Oh oh..I ordered a medium..can usually wear a s or xs...hopefully this will fit. I used the sizing guide~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

Oh oh..I ordered a medium..can usually wear a s or xs...hopefully this will fit. I used the sizing guide~

@emmysmom, when I placed my order online I used the sizing guide, too, certain that they would fit. When I saw them in real time, I would have had to squeeze into the M, although it should have fit according to the guide. I'm  big on top, but not bigger than the M sizing online, I think this brand runs small. Wishing you luck!

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack

Did you see the Kukkatori print kaftan dress (blue and green colors).  I thought it would be so fun for entertaining this summer.  I'm a little nervous about your sizing description though.  If you needed a medium, I might need a plus size for enough ease across the bust (which I didn't notice when looking online).

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@islandgrrl wrote:

@MaggieMack

Did you see the Kukkatori print kaftan dress (blue and green colors).  I thought it would be so fun for entertaining this summer.  I'm a little nervous about your sizing description though.  If you needed a medium, I might need a plus size for enough ease across the bust (which I didn't notice when looking online).

@islandgrrl, I'm not sure about the name of the "dress" or maybe it was a "tunic" that I looked at in the store. Colorful and cute, $25.99. I would have def taken a Medium in that one. What else is new? Sizing all over the place, lol!

ETA: This was the one that would have fit in the M: (a dollar less in store):

image.jpeg

Respected Contributor

i just ordered this is in 2 sizes because the size chart is for swimsuits!!! 

i know i'm not a S/M in a swimsuit

its a beach cover up but i think it would be cute with leggings

bummer that they give you 14 days for return from the ship date !

Marimekko for Target Women's Cover Up - Albatrossi Print - Primary

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack - glad you posted about sizing.

The rash guard shirts do run small. I also bought a large, typical b&m size for me is sm or med.

The tunic top & dress are cotton,  cut larger, so I don't think sizing up is required. My store had the b&w rash guard top, the b&w tunic & the floral dress that @islandgrrl is considering. 

My store also had the two different print scarves, the swimsuits, lots of the little girl's apparel. The beach totes are really nice for $20. Beautiful prints, strong canvas,  very large to hold multiple towels/beach stuff or would make a great grocery/farmers market bag.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri