Super Contributor
Is this a fashion a lot of women wear? In what cases is it used? Seems like these are always made fun of. I always thought thong underwear was just a joke.
Super Contributor

I don`t know is allot of women wear. Seems like they would feel like a wedgie, not a good feeling for me.

Valued Contributor
lol. ^^
Respected Contributor

They are worn by a lot of women of all ages but it definitely is something you have to get use to.

Super Contributor

If you have a little bacteria—E. coli is the most common bacteria in the colon—in the back part of the fabric and you're physically active, that material may move," associate professor of clinical obstetrics and gynecology and women's health at Albert Einstein College of Medicine Dr. Jill M. Rabin said. "All it has to do is move an inch or two and it's next to the vagina or urethra. That thong may be depositing colonic bacteria into your vagina or urethra."

In fact, according to WebMD, 93 percent of urinary tract infections are caused by E. coli—and while there haven't been any formal studies linking thongs to an increase in UTIs, because of their placement, thongs are the perfect bacteria transmitters

Avid thong-wearers are also at higher risk for skin tags. "I see more patients with skin tags on their vulva and near their rectum, in the exact distribution of the thongs," Dr. Ghofrany said. "I sometimes will be mid-pap and ask a patient, 'So you wear thongs a lot?' And their response is always 'Ya! How can you tell?' And it's because of the skin tags, small 'piles' of soft tissue that occur from the skin being constantly rubbed in the same spot. These happen traditionally at bra lines and necklines, and now increasingly at thong lines!".

yes a wedgy and unsanitary - why bother? looks awful in some clothing-younger women like them-not me Butt Floss !!

Super Contributor
Is it for a no panty line effect? Is that the only purpose for them?
Frequent Contributor
On 4/2/2014 gazelle77 said: Is it for a no panty line effect? Is that the only purpose for them?
That's the only reason I've ever worn them. I wear them once in a blue moon, and they're certainly not for comfort :-)
Super Contributor

No they wear them just because they are supposedly comfortable and sexy Smiley Happy My younger sister wears them.

Frequent Contributor
On 4/2/2014 nikkimom said:

No they wear them just because they are supposedly comfortable and sexy Smiley Happy My younger sister wears them.

Ha ha ha! Pretty sure at my age, they're no longer sexy...
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/2/2014 nikkimom said:

If you have a little bacteria—E. coli is the most common bacteria in the colon—in the back part of the fabric and you're physically active, that material may move," associate professor of clinical obstetrics and gynecology and women's health at Albert Einstein College of Medicine Dr. Jill M. Rabin said. "All it has to do is move an inch or two and it's next to the vagina or urethra. That thong may be depositing colonic bacteria into your vagina or urethra."

In fact, according to WebMD, 93 percent of urinary tract infections are caused by E. coli—and while there haven't been any formal studies linking thongs to an increase in UTIs, because of their placement, thongs are the perfect bacteria transmitters

Avid thong-wearers are also at higher risk for skin tags. "I see more patients with skin tags on their vulva and near their rectum, in the exact distribution of the thongs," Dr. Ghofrany said. "I sometimes will be mid-pap and ask a patient, 'So you wear thongs a lot?' And their response is always 'Ya! How can you tell?' And it's because of the skin tags, small 'piles' of soft tissue that occur from the skin being constantly rubbed in the same spot. These happen traditionally at bra lines and necklines, and now increasingly at thong lines!".

yes a wedgy and unsanitary - why bother? looks awful in some clothing-younger women like them-not me Butt Floss !!

{#emotions_dlg.scared} They should come with a health warning and ITA, I don't wear butt floss{#emotions_dlg.scared}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines