Trusted Contributor

love my thongs my only complaint is its hard to find thongs that go to your waist (most are bikini style)

no more panty lines!! you do have to get used to them but I always go up a size and very comfortable now. as far as bacteria any underwear can cause tract infections if one doesn't wash properly. maybe the ""tags"" could be because they are too small.

Trusted Contributor

My stepdaughter who is in her 30's wears them. I have a teenage daughter and luckily she doesn't like them, I wouldn't want her in them, she likes the boyshort style. The thongs have such a tiny crotch area, I feel like you may as well go commando. I know people like them though.

Honored Contributor

Yes, lots of women wear them. They have no panty lines, but their bottoms jiggle when they walk. It's usually not pretty.

My motto: I only wear thongs on my feet and never floss between my cheeks.

Honored Contributor

Just to add a note. There is now underwear that will not leave a line or ride up. You can find them in most dept. stores.

Honored Contributor
On 4/2/2014 Carmie said:

My motto: I only wear thongs on my feet and never floss between my cheeks.

LOL !!

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, but the no panty line explanation is so false. There is not panty line more horribly obvious than a thong line. Women who think they aren't showing an obvious demarcation need to step take a gander of themselves from behind in a full length mirror. This fact is elevated when wearing lighter fabrics such as jersey or knit -- need I speak to the sight of summer dresses crawling into places where no clothing should go. Size and shape have no bearing on it. The only thing a tight booty does (any age/weight) is keep it from being so jiggly looking. The boyshort is such a better choice if one really wants no panty line.

I'm not against thongs, but I am careful what fabric I'm wearing over mine. If it's a well fitting trouser, jeans, even skirts and dresses made of a weightier fabrics they are fine. Just about every manufacturer in the market makes something they categorize as no line and seamless which isn't a thong.

Respected Contributor

Really gazelle, how do you come up with these topics.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I don't wear them. I could not stand how it would feel. I think they are unsanitary and I've seen women wear them for one purpose; that being, low jeans so you can see what you're wearing. Advertising yourself (IMO).

Valued Contributor
I bought a couple of thongs a while ago----sectC--but hard to sit in--ok to stand --later I didn't like them---
Honored Contributor

Thong underwear...that's sooooo mid/late '90s. If you're going for nothing, then wear...nothing. It's still a "look" @ certain times, but not for everyday wear.

Honored Contributor

I don't really know what a lot of women wear!

I know I still see these for sale, everywhere, so someone must be buying them.

I have one daughter, who only bought this type of panties at one time....and I tried them also, because she claimed they were so much more comfortable.

Neither one of us wears them anymore. They really are a pain in the ____. Not more comfy at all!