Super Contributor

Cleaning leather boots for the season.

I just want to clean salt and dirt to put them away. What do you use ?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cleaning leather boots for the season.

Believe it or not, Clorox disinfecting wipes. I use them on my leather purses and my suede boots as well. They work great.! I've been doing this the last couple of years and I haven't had any ill effects from doing so.

Respected Contributor

Get yourself and your boots a can of saddle soap at a shoe repair shop. That's the best for cleaning and preserving leather goods.

Trusted Contributor

I use Coach leather cleaner & moisturizer, but there are other brands out there that, I'm sure, work just as well. Personally, I would only use a product that is designed for cleaning and treating leather and never Clorox wipes, but I'm glad you haven't ruined anything kjohnson.

Respected Contributor

Good luck. There are many fine products that will do the job. One nice thing about living down here. Although I seldom wear my boots, they do not get all messed up with salt and such like back north.

Super Contributor

I have the guy at the shoemaker clean and polish them.

Honored Contributor

Vinegar and water on a cloth then allow to dry. Once dry, apply Meltonian cream polish to the leather; buff with a soft cloth and then put away for the season in the box they came in.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼