Super Contributor

Re: The styling of Isaac's models

Anyone wearing dark sunglasses at midnight inside...is either blind or on drugs.....
Trusted Contributor

On 1/12/2015 circles said:

I wish he would stop saying all his clothes look like "money".....that's all he said during the midnight hour...I didn't watch today...

Well, they are all "major" so of course they're so "money." ha ha...Seriously, I'd like to be able to see what the item being offered actually looks like and how it fits. Necklines do matter. The sunglasses don't make a difference one way or the other to me. But, seeing the item clearly and unobstructed does.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

On 1/12/2015 Serena said: did he say his clothes looked like ""money "" when they were sold in Target?

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

That's very true (the OP's post). I was watching him the other night and he actually said (paraphrasing), "I would like to show the dress. I want to show the neckline of the dress." Then he physically went over and removed the long scarf that was covering up her entire neckline and part of her bustline.

It was suddenly a lovely dress when you could the plain dress without everything hanging all over it.

They'd sell more things (I think) if they didn't have someone who was so intent on hanging as many things as possible on these models.

Sometimes they look downright stupid when they come out.

What a good post (to the OP).

Esteemed Contributor

I like Isaac a lot, but I sometimes wonder if he pays attention to who the QVC demographics are, or at least the majority of them. The attempts to make everything appear so "high class", "Bridgehampton" society, etc. probably falls on deaf ears (and eyes) of many of the people who watch QVC on a regular basis. Yes, I'm sure the younger women are more drawn to him and his designs, but I like a lot of them as well. I'm just so tired of the whole "schtick" they use in these presentations... it really does get old after a while.

Since QVC's demographics probably consist predominantly of an older, female audience, who live normal lifestyles, many retired, their activities more limited than they used to be, they don't go to the "Hamptons" or to NYC on a regular basis (not speaking of everyone of course, but probably most), it seems it would be more profitable for Isaac to make a little more of an attempt to appeal to a broader cross-section of possible buyers. I'm not talking about changing his designs, (although a few more "quiet" color combos and dresses that might at least come close to the knees would be nice), just the way they are presented.

I have no problem with designers trying to appeal to a younger audience and maybe Isaac is bringing more younger women on board, but I do have a problem with QVC not realizing who has the most buying power for their products... and it's probably not the younger generation, so many of whom are trying to buy homes, raise children, send them to college, etc.

Honored Contributor

On 1/12/2015 winamac1 said:
On 1/12/2015 Serena said: did he say his clothes looked like ""money "" when they were sold in Target?

I think he says what he says because certain phrases spike sales.

They are watching the monitor and seeing the results of their pitch in real time - so I'm sure those phrases wouldn't be repeated if they didn't move units!!!

Super Contributor

On 1/12/2015 AnnaBella said: Anyone wearing dark sunglasses at midnight inside...is either blind or on drugs.....

Well you know the song ""I wear my sunglasses at night...""

Honored Contributor

I agree with the OP

Honored Contributor

Wow! kitty, you are right on, in my opinion. You've said what I've often said, but not as well as you did.

It totally goes over my head when they start talking about "Bridgehampton". I could care less.

I live in Northern Va which is nowhere near Bridgehampton. I hate driving into Washington, DC. I used to work there and hated going in there. So, tooling around in Northern Va suits me just fine.

When I do go into DC most of the young people I see going to work and in the restaurants and offices wear suits or appropriate clothes. They don't look like they've paid tons of money for their clothes.

As grandma used to say, "Any fool can pay a lot of money for something. A smart person gets what they want for as little as possible" (she said it better though).

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/12/2015 terrier3 said:
On 1/12/2015 winamac1 said:
On 1/12/2015 Serena said: did he say his clothes looked like "money " when they were sold in Target?

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I think he says what he says because certain phrases spike sales.

They are watching the monitor and seeing the results of their pitch in real time - so I'm sure those phrases wouldn't be repeated if they didn't move units!!!

Maybe they have one of those setups like they have in focus groups watching presidential debates - where people move the line up or down depending on whether they like what is said. Maybe the sales move the line up and down, and they can see what's working! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}