Regular Contributor

Re: The styling of Isaac's models

SoftRaindrops referred to what Isaac does with the accessorizing as "fantasy dressing". I think that's a wonderful description. Granted, we all can wear scarves and blazers in our every day lives here and there, but how often are we going to pile them all on at once on our trips to the grocery store (except perhaps if we do live in NYC...)?

He could utilize one model to "dress" (like a Barbie? lol) with the accessories during the presentation while another model wears the item sans visual blocks.

Respected Contributor

I do agree with you. I was looking at a top and the model came out wearing a scarf on top of it. It looked like a neck brace. He needs to skip the accessories and focus on the garment that is being aired. I don't care for the TSV either, not into bows on my shoes. Pretty colors though.

Honored Contributor

On 1/12/2015 gulf coast girl said:

Hey Isaac, who in their right mind wears sunglasses at midnight inside a building...duh.

Let's try it without them for once, whatdayathink?

Following this "logic" none of the models would ever in the studio wear: coats, bathing suits, hats, gloves, or a raincoat.

Sorry, but this is silly to say they shouldn't wear sunglasses at midnight.

Regular Contributor

I could be wrong, but maybe he uses the sunglasses to give the models more of a mannequin feel. Ironically, perhaps the sunglasses are to help us focus on the clothes, while the over-accessorizing prevents us from.... focusing on the clothes.... lol

Super Contributor

On 1/12/2015 gulf coast girl said:

Hey Isaac, who in their right mind wears sunglasses at midnight inside a building...duh.

Let's try it without them for once, whatdayathink?

Sunglasses on a human inside for "effect" is one thing ... but ...

There's one designer who puts sunglasses on his mannequins!

Esteemed Contributor

I wish he would stop saying all his clothes look like ""money"".....that's all he said during the midnight hour...I didn't watch today...

Super Contributor

On 1/12/2015 circles said:

I wish he would stop saying all his clothes look like ""money"".....that's all he said during the midnight hour...I didn't watch today...

I wonder what that means? Looks like money ...

Wrinkled green paper? Pocketful of dirty coins?

Super Contributor

looks like money sounds so materialistic.

Super Contributor

did he say his clothes looked like ""money "" when they were sold in Target?
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/12/2015 HeartsNdiamondz said:

I wish he would stop saying all his clothes look like "money".....that's all he said during the midnight hour...I didn't watch today...

looks like money sounds so materialistic.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

As for the way the models are styled. On one hand I get it that Isaac is trying to set a scenario, and also to show the customer what she can do with a piece. On the other hand, I do think it would be better if the actual item being sold were the focal point. If they are selling a top, I would prefer to see it sans jacket or cardigan on at least one model.