Super Contributor

I can understand why the commenting period would close ASAP on godfreako's sneak peaks, but why is it closed on ordinary threads within hours? Seems odd...

Super Contributor

Re: ""The Commenting Period...""

{#emotions_dlg.huh}{#emotions_dlg.confused1}I don't know. This is one of the main things I don't understand about the boards!

If the thread is "bad" enough to stop the commentary on it, why isn't it bad enough to delete? I don't get this at all.

Valued Contributor

I can't figure out what Q pays attention to. They take down comments and threads BUT DON'T DO ANYTHING TO FIX PROBLEMS CUSTOMERS BRING TO THEIR ATTENTION.

See thread : CAN YOU TRACK YOUR RETURNS ON LINE as a perfect example.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/29/2014 shoptheQ said:

I can't figure out what Q pays attention to. They take down comments and threads BUT DON'T DO ANYTHING TO FIX PROBLEMS CUSTOMERS BRING TO THEIR ATTENTION.

See thread : CAN YOU TRACK YOUR RETURNS ON LINE as a perfect example.

I'm pretty sure the board monitoring is contracted out to a totally separate company. But QVC should be taking care of their own website.

Regular Contributor

They like to keep us guessing!
Respected Contributor

Seriously ... my guess is that someone doesn't like something, and reports either a reply or the actual original thread as inappropriate. This flags the thread. Monitor A comes along and deletes the post. Monitor B comes along on a different thread with a post that has been reported, and removes the flagged post, and if there are more than one reports of inappropriate on the same thread but different replies, ends commenting. Monitor C comes along at another time and in another thread with multiple report inappropriate flags and decides to delete the entire thing. So, those reporting inappropriate, whether there is only one every day doing it, are exerting rather large control over the entire board. The monitors seem to routinely just go along with the report with what seems to be a monitoring policy of removing any post that is reported without concern for content. It's as if the easiest thing is to stop the red flags by acquiescing to pressure of any kind via the red flags, deserved or not. At other times, this deletion seems to occur less often and is either related to the fact that the big button pusher is either sleeping or working {#emotions_dlg.laugh}, or there is a mod with a good head on their shoulder who evaluates the reported posts, and doesn't agree with the one who reported it.

Once again, because the moderators have offered no explanation, this is just a wild guess. Maybe a feeble attempt to make some kind of sense out of what could be considered otherwise senseless.

And also, just because someone doesn't agree with another's opinion, they should not be given power to censor it.

Respected Contributor

I don't understand why she is allowed to continue to post.

Respected Contributor

On 9/29/2014 sparklestar said:

Who?

Respected Contributor

On 9/29/2014 skuggles said:
On 9/29/2014 sparklestar said:

Who?

Godfreako

Honored Contributor

Who?