Frequent Contributor

Look is just to much .It's everywhere on TV all over the place .I understand that's it trendy .but such a waste of  money ,what happens when it goes out of style .I especially don't like it in a sweater type material.

I wonder why fashion designer can't think of anything new and interesting, instead of going back years ago when this was the style for a very short time .leggings also were back in the days lol.lots of things seem to be repeats of things gone  by.

I guess people like them .For me personally  I don't like to see my slef comming and going not only that but some cold shoulder are cold elbows and look very messy .

I saw a woman on TV today had a hater Neches and open shoulders and the sleves were dragging no need for a halter neck to have sleeves laughing .This is only my opinion  is speak for no one else..

Trusted Contributor

I was watching an old Columbo episode, 1991. There was a character wearing a cold shoulder. 

I think designers just rehash the old and rarely have anything new that has not been done before.

Honored Contributor

When everyone and their dog is wearing one, it is not that cool. Time to move on.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

This, too, shall pass.

Respected Contributor

Image result for  fad fashion sign

Super Contributor

@blueskys wrote:

Look is just to much .It's everywhere on TV all over the place .I understand that's it trendy .but such a waste of  money ,what happens when it goes out of style .I especially don't like it in a sweater type material.

I wonder why fashion designer can't think of anything new and interesting, instead of going back years ago when this was the style for a very short time .leggings also were back in the days lol.lots of things seem to be repeats of things gone  by.

I guess people like them .For me personally  I don't like to see my slef comming and going not only that but some cold shoulder are cold elbows and look very messy .

I saw a woman on TV today had a hater Neches and open shoulders and the sleves were dragging no need for a halter neck to have sleeves laughing .This is only my opinion  is speak for no one else..

Huh? I can't even understand this......what is a hater Neches and why are the sleeves laughing?

As for the topic of cold shoulders:

Dead horse.jpg

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Respected Contributor

Not another cold shoulder thread.

Honored Contributor

Some are really great looking and the look has been around for years - steady!  I have been buying at least 1 or 2 a year for about 10 years so it's just not a "trend" or a "fad"!  You don't like it - don't buy it.  More than ever now with the internet there are styles to suit everyone's tastes.  I don't like conservative clothing styles that are considered "classics" but I would never make fun of these styles that have remained the same forever and wonder why designers stick with such boring designs of nondescript clothng.  Wear what you like and let others have the option of doing so also!!!  

Respected Contributor

Re: That cold shoulder

[ Edited ]

Giving the same cold shoulder to it this year that I gave it years ago.  A little would have gone a long way, but like most other overdone fads, it will soon be gone and many will be stuck with lots of cold shoulder unwearables.

Honored Contributor

Just because everyone is selling it, doesn't mean I have to buy it.

I'm not wild about the style whether the top cost $19.99 or $199.00 -  it's not in my closet!