Esteemed Contributor

Re: Target shoppers -- an observation and a complaint

[ Edited ]

In their defense, the software is much better than some.

Honored Contributor

I have similar experiences at our closest Target but I don't fault the company; it's individual managment.

In so many chains, i.e., Publix, TJs, Walmart, etc., I've had entirely different experiences from one store to another (within the same chain)

While I can name a gazillion good reasons not to shop Walmart we do on occasion and go to the one that's further away from us because the difference in customer service is night and day! The same with the Trader Joes! We go just a little further for the much more pleasant experience...

Respected Contributor

I personally have walked out of stores rather than wait in a long long line for checkout.  I put my stuff on the nearest flat surface, and leave.  I know the sales clerks must hate me, but I loath waiting in a long long line just to pick up a few items that I rarely need anyway.   They need to staff the stores better.  

Just the other days, I walked out of Macy's because the one working associate was helping another person with some sort of problem with her account.  I did not need that pair of earrings anyway.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1.  It doesn't do much good to complain to us about what goes on at Target.  Why don't you go to their website, look for "contact us" and tell them about your experience.  Be sure to identify the store.  It may be a matter of inept management.  Corporate needs to know about it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Target is not my favorite store, but there is one very close to me.

Last fall when my knees were killing me and I could hardly walk, I ordered parchment paper and waxed paper on their website.  The website said I could just park my car in their pick up area and someone would bring it to my car.

After I hit the button to complete the transaction, I found out that my local store does not offer that service.  I would have to go inside the store to pick up the items.  I then gott an e-mail saying the wax paper was not in stock and they would issue me a refund.

The info on their website was misleading.

At that time, I realized that there was no way I was going to try to walk into Target to get a box of parchment paper when I was in so much pain, so I cancelled that order.

The refund came via e-mail with " gift certificate" a bar code attached for the wax paper and another e-mail for the parchment paper...with no bar code attached.

So, I am out of $8 and some change.  I haven't been in Target since then and don't intend to do any shopping there...ever.

I do not like their business practices at all and I refuse to waste my time on the phone for a couple of dollars.

Esteemed Contributor

I find my Target store customer friendly and never have problems checking out. They have many cashiers. They have self checkout but they go fast.

They have many items I purchase. Their clothing is nice and prices are reasonable. I guess I am fortunate that I don't experience your shopping snaufus.

Honored Contributor

Walmart is the same way they want you to use those self checkouts and the person in there who is trying to watch and help all the people is running around like chicken with head off.

Nobody wants to pay nobody to be a checker they figure you will still come to Walmart, regardless or shop online.

Trusted Contributor

@Sadiesadie I have a Target Red Card and it is indeed a credit card.  You can either apply for a credit card or a debit card. And they raise and lower your credit just like any other credit card.

Honored Contributor

This @AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  I hope you let Target know how you feel.  They can't correct something if they don't think it bothers anyone.  So if you did, great, if not yet, I hope you do.

@qualitygal 

I did not.  At the time I left, I had been shopping for hours and was so tired and was expected home for dinner.  I should do so,  What do you think would be better?  To do so by what method?  Go to the store, do so by phone, e-mail, letter, or what???  Thanks!

@AngelPuppy1 : I once had a problem, with crowds and product hoarding during one of their designer collaborations. I emailed them at:

guest.service@target.com

A customer service rep. emailed me back the same day, thanking me for my feedback, and stating that she had passed along my concerns to management. She also said they were working on a plan to improve those events in the future.

Good luck with your efforts. Hopefully you will get an answer as well.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

No, I don't shop at Target.