Honored Contributor

Re: Target Designer Duds ALL Going Back :-(

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Sheilaray   I'm wondering also if your target brought back Issac Mizrahi items. Stores in my area are advertising them. Before anybody really knew him and his goods he was huge in my local stores. Then quickly he disappeared only to show up here.

I wonder why he's back at target. Doesn't he collect enough $$$$$ here?

@PINKdogWOOD, it's my understanding this is a one time anniversary event where Target brought back former designer collections they had.  He isn't going back to having a collection in Target on a regular basis.  

Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray, what a huge disappointment.  My guess is that there are some not so savvy shoppers who are more taken by labels and don't care that quality is lacking.  As long as they can say it's Missoni (or whatever designer), that's all that matters to them.  

If you purchased from any other designer collaberations in the past, were these products worse or about the same?  Just wondering.  

Respected Contributor

@LorelaiGilmore wrote:

I ordered the Mizrahi red/pink striped turtleneck, and I like the fabric and the fit. However, of the other items that I saw in the store, the vast majority of the fabrics felt cheap, and a lot of the things were full of wrinkles. I wasn't impressed.

That's funny because that's the only thing I would've considered buying (that and a Hunter tote). The material felt nice. Everything else was awful. The materials were cheap and stiff feeling, especially the Isaac coats. It was that thick, stiff cotton.

The Lilly Pulitzer dresses were totally boxy and shapeless. I think it would be ok for little girls but the adult sizes looked awful.

I'm glad I waited to see them in store so I could save myself a lot of money. I usually love Target, but I wouldn't waste my time on anything other than the red/pink turtleneck or Hunter bags, and even those were kind of meh.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Frequent Contributor

ITA about the lack of quality! I ordered the Missoni zigzag sweater dress, the fabric was very thin and cheap and the fit was very boxy, nothing designer about it, it was horrible! I then was in the store and saw some of the other items and was also not impressed, this sweater dress will be going back!!

Honored Contributor

It's really a shame they don't use better quality fabrics.  I guess they don't have to because there is such a demand for these items. 

Honored Contributor

Right now I am having my own issues with Target, I ordered and returned something bought on Pay Pal, little did I know that I would only get a store credit no return to Pay Pal, so I bought a shirt that arrived as a wrinkled mess, un buttoned and stuffed in a small plastic bag

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I used to shop Target when I lived near one. I was always disappointed in the quality of their clothing. It was junk. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I got the pink Isaac duffle coat. For a $70 coat from Target, I got what I expected. I expect it to be a fun fashion piece, not a serious coat. I think it’s cute and I like it.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Sheilaray, what a huge disappointment.  My guess is that there are some not so savvy shoppers who are more taken by labels and don't care that quality is lacking.  As long as they can say it's Missoni (or whatever designer), that's all that matters to them.  

If you purchased from any other designer collaberations in the past, were these products worse or about the same?  Just wondering.  

When they had the Hunter collection, I picked up a yellow raincoat, which I love! I've tried on some other items without buying. I do like the Isaac red/pink turtleneck I got this time (I think someone referred to it earlier in this thread as "ugly", lol), but that is something that would have appealed to me regardless of the label. I like turtlenecks and stripes. That sweater compares in quality to my Lands' End cotton sweaters.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Trusted Contributor

I've don't purchase from those lines, but I've been really impressed with their A New Day and Prologue lines. The fabrics, construction, and styling have been great, hopefully that will continue.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson