Valued Contributor

Target Designer Duds ALL Going Back :-(

Super disappointed with the quality and fabrics.  I am a Target shopper and actually frequent their clothing dept. Their regular labels far exceed the quality of the designers presented, IMHO.

By far, I am most disappointed with the Missoni line.  I ordered  a blouse which has to be the cheapest polyester ever made.  I did also go to a store and eyed  up some other

Missoni items and the yarns used were so rough and scratchy, I decided to pass.

I also ordered the Lily Pulizer Train Case as I need a new one desperately. The zippers were hard to work,  it collapses in a not attractive way if not full, and the pattern is not as vibrant as I thought. Frankly, Sonja Kashuk has better quality cosmetic cases at Target...and cuter ones.

Lastly, I  returned a Phillip Lam sweater. iIt was an odd shape, scratchy and weighed about 10 pounds. Another nope.

Honored Contributor

Re: Target Designer Duds ALL Going Back :-(

Thanks for the feedback on the target items. I ordered one shirt but it hasn’t gotten here yet. I’m sorry they didn’t work out for you. It will be interesting to see the reviews start to roll in. Do you think you’ll leave reviews on the target website?

Super Contributor

I ordered the Mizrahi red/pink striped turtleneck, and I like the fabric and the fit. However, of the other items that I saw in the store, the vast majority of the fabrics felt cheap, and a lot of the things were full of wrinkles. I wasn't impressed.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Esteemed Contributor

When Target was in Canada a few years ago, one of the designer collections I looked at was by Joseph Altuzarra. The materials were cheap and the clothes weren't sewn well. It also didn't sell very well either in Canada as that wasn't the first designer collection but I think it was the last so people got wise to what Target Canada was carrying as their regular Target clothes were much better quality.

Esteemed Contributor

Isaac had the cheapest looking pink coat right on front when you walk in. After that an ugly cheap red sweater.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

i viewed the items online and even saved some for the launch.

however,  after thinking about the extremely low pricing i felt the product would be reflect that and did not buy.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

I frequently buy the Target store brands so I appreciate the heads-up on the designer duds

@Sheilaray 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sheilaray 

So disappointed for you!

If they would concentrate on quality and eliminate the hype, it would be so much better!

Honored Contributor

When things sound too good to be true, they usually are. It is a pity to do this to the consumer. You are far better off ,buying sparsely ,but buying good quality garments, and slowly building your wardrobe

Remember, there is always Thrift Shops, if you are in a bind, or even if you are not. They have some of the best clothing money can buy

Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray   I'm wondering also if your target brought back Issac Mizrahi items. Stores in my area are advertising them. Before anybody really knew him and his goods he was huge in my local stores. Then quickly he disappeared only to show up here.

I wonder why he's back at target. Doesn't he collect enough $$$$$ here?