Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@cherry wrote:

They are not cheap, but they also have very good sales

Absolutely—most of us who are regular Talbots shoppers buy very little (if anything) at full price!

I just took advantage of their 60% off sale and then my husband brings me the postcard offering an addtiona 20% off of the 60% ... but it hadn't started yet. I was ok w/ 60% off ... if I had waited, my size would probably have been gone.

As a side note, I get surveys from Talbots on different items and they ask "how much would you expect to pay" and I'm always way under what the regular price is going to be .... BECAUSE I rarely have paid full price for anything. Smiley Happy 

@kate2357, they will do price adjustments within 14 days. I just three tops at 70 percent off and will be calling for an adjustment tomorrow, the it goes up to 80 percent.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@kate2357 wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Absolutely—most of us who are regular Talbots shoppers buy very little (if anything) at full price!

I just took advantage of their 60% off sale and then my husband brings me the postcard offering an addtiona 20% off of the 60% ... but it hadn't started yet. I was ok w/ 60% off ... if I had waited, my size would probably have been gone.

As a side note, I get surveys from Talbots on different items and they ask "how much would you expect to pay" and I'm always way under what the regular price is going to be .... BECAUSE I rarely have paid full price for anything. Smiley Happy 

@kate2357, they will do price adjustments within 14 days. I just three tops at 70 percent off and will be calling for an adjustment tomorrow, the it goes up to 80 percent.

Thank you for tip. Smiley Happy

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots new sweaters

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@kate2357 wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@suzyQ3   Are you sure they do price adjustments when you bought it on sale?  I used to work there, and if you paid the sale price they wouldn't adjust it further.  I'll be interested in what they say to you when you call today.

Edited to say:  I just found this in an online discussion.  I really don't think any retailers do price adjustments on sale prices.

"I actually just did a live chat on their website with that same exact question. This is what I was told:

"You are eligible to receive a sale price adjustment on full price merchandise if the request is within 14 days of the catalog ship date or store purchase date." "

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@kate2357 wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Thank you for tip. Smiley Happy

@kate2357   Talbots will do price adjustments on full price merchandise only.  If you bought it on sale they will not give a further reduction.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  & @kate2357 

I have consistently received price adjustments on items I bought on sale. In fact, I think that I may have bought one item at full price from Talbots in my years of shopping with them.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots new sweaters

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@NickNack  & @kate2357 

I have consistently received price adjustments on items I bought on sale. In fact, I think that I may have bought one item at full price from Talbots in my years of shopping with them.

@NickNack  & @kate2357 , update. I just called to get a price adjustment on an order I placed two days ago for which I received 70 percent and is now on sale for an extra 20 percent.

No problem. :-)

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@NickNack  & @kate2357 

@NickNack  & @kate2357 , update. I just called to get a price adjustment on an order I placed two days agonin which I received 70 percent and is now on sale for an extra 20 percent.

@suzyQ3   @kate2357   I think that's amazing.  I don't know any place that will do that.  When I worked at Talbots about 15 years ago we weren't allowed to do that.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@NickNack  & @kate2357 

@NickNack  & @kate2357 , update. I just called to get a price adjustment on an order I placed two days agonin which I received 70 percent and is now on sale for an extra 20 percent.

Good heavens, what a deal! You probably paid more for the shipping than any single garment. Lol. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@NickNack  & @kate2357 

Good heavens, what a deal! You probably paid more for the shipping than any single garment. Lol. 

@kate2357, don't tell anyone, but I had a code that came in their latest catalog for free shipping. :-)