Esteemed Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I saw a couple of sweaters that I have my eye on. they both  have peacock feathers on them

One is merino wool and the other is cotton. Any of you that bought Martha's peacock embroidered jeans might be interested. They would both look really cute with those jeans...

Cherry:  I always wanted to try Talbots sweaters but was wondering how their sizing compared to the Q.  I am always a M here does Talbots run small or true to size?  thank you.

Depends on the fit you like. I like close to the body, but not tight in all my tops as it flatters my shape more than oversized sweaters. So unless it's a cardigan/duster sweater, I buy one size larger than the Q sweaters (Linea/Isaac) as I find the Q runs larger than brick and mortar stores. I think it could be because I believe the Q's size ranges are one size larger --- for example isn't a medium a 10-12 for the Q and in most stores, medium is an 8-10? (I'm probably wrong on the size ranges, just going by memory and I'm old. Smiley Happy ). 

Good luck if you buy Talbots items. Once you do find your size, they are pretty darn consistent. And I love Talbots pants. And I do mean love them .... they fit me every time, so no returns. Yay!!!! 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@lovesallanimals wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I saw a couple of sweaters that I have my eye on. they both  have peacock feathers on them

One is merino wool and the other is cotton. Any of you that bought Martha's peacock embroidered jeans might be interested. They would both look really cute with those jeans...

Cherry:  I always wanted to try Talbots sweaters but was wondering how their sizing compared to the Q.  I am always a M here does Talbots run small or true to size?  thank you.

Depends on the fit you like. I like close to the body, but not tight in all my tops as it flatters my shape more than oversized sweaters. So unless it's a cardigan/duster sweater, I buy one size larger than the Q sweaters (Linea/Isaac) as I find the Q runs larger than brick and mortar stores. I think it could be because I believe the Q's size ranges are one size larger --- for example isn't a medium a 10-12 for the Q and in most stores, medium is an 8-10? (I'm probably wrong on the size ranges, just going by memory and I'm old. Smiley Happy ). 

Good luck if you buy Talbots items. Once you do find your size, they are pretty darn consistent. And I love Talbots pants. And I do mean love them .... they fit me every time, so no returns. Yay!!!! 

@kate2357, it seems from the rest of your post, that you meant to say "one size smaller." Maybe?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@kate2357 wrote:

@lovesallanimals wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@kate2357, it seems from the rest of your post, that you meant to say "one size smaller." Maybe?

My post was not well written. I was trying to compare w/o giving specifics  and failed. Lol.

For me, Talbots run smaller than the Q sizes by about 1 size. I wear an x small with QVC items and a small with Talbots items. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Cherry, DH's cousin has peacocks on his farm and they little ones are precious.  When we go there I love seeing them spread their feathers out. 

WIll have to go look at those sweaters, thanks.

Honored Contributor

Both of the sweaters are pullovers. One is a bit more dressy looking. I think they are both very attractive looking

Respected Contributor

@granddi wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

Talbots usually runs true to size, but not compared to QVC.  I am one to two sizes less everywhere compared to QVC.  Their clothes are huge IMO.

I am a size 10 and I prefer Talbot size large in most T sweaters. I am a M in Q.

Thank you so much!  I will go with the Large also,

Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals   I go up one size with Talbots from my regular size. I bought 2 sweaters yesterday at Talbots from the 70% off rack. Great buys. However most of there clothes in my opinion are way overpriced. I looked at sweaters priced at $179 beautiful but too pricey for me. 

Honored Contributor

They are not cheap, but they also have very good sales

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Absolutely—most of us who are regular Talbots shoppers buy very little (if anything) at full price!

Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Absolutely—most of us who are regular Talbots shoppers buy very little (if anything) at full price!

I just took advantage of their 60% off sale and then my husband brings me the postcard offering an addtiona 20% off of the 60% ... but it hadn't started yet. I was ok w/ 60% off ... if I had waited, my size would probably have been gone.

As a side note, I get surveys from Talbots on different items and they ask "how much would you expect to pay" and I'm always way under what the regular price is going to be .... BECAUSE I rarely have paid full price for anything. Smiley Happy