Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots 50% off again! And new catalog

Ok, so much for not getting anything. 

I stopped to return something today. Tried on a flannel nightshirt that I really liked. They didn’t have the right size so they ordered it for me. 50% off and I had a gift card. Total out of pocket for me, $0. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I really want the poplin beaded shirt (white shirt with bling collar) - can you tell I love bling?  and also the stripe tulle hem top (which has the same black and white stripes as my new embellished top tee gidgetgh, but I'm loving the tulle hem, it's very LOGO!  Smiley Happy  Must have both of these unless I don't like the poplin blouse in person.

So I went in last evening to try these two items on.  The poplin beaded shirt is an online exclusive I found out, so I"ll order that online at 50% off and use Ebates.

As for the striped top with tulle hem, I bought it last night at 50% off but am not sure I'm keeing it. It is very cute and fits well but....there are two layers of the black tulle at the bottom and the underneath one is riding up and won't stay just doing downward!

I bought it because I hope it does better with other pants - I was wearing Dream Jeannes on the bottom last night which could be the problem.  Even though I got a misses and not petite size, it's still too short for me to wear with just leggings as bottoms.  So, if I keep having that issue with the bottom layer of tulle not laying flat, back it goes.  If I solve that problem, I'm keeping it because the top is adorable.  The store where I was at - the biggest one and nearest one to me - said that top was almost sold out in just a few days.  In the missy sizes, they'd had a whole stack of them at the beginning of the week, and after I bought a size medium, there was only one XL left.   That's why I purchased it and decided to decide about it at home.

@gidgetgh   You can't beat that price you paid for your purchase!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I went to a T's yesterday and had them order me from the online exclusive the poplin blouse with bling collar.  I hadn't realized that T's has gotten rid of the red phones in stores!   I was going to pick up the red phone and order it myself, but now you have to have a clerk order through its "concierge" service.  @KathyPet do you know why they got rid of the red phones?  I assume it's to save money and not need as many people in the Customer Service Dept. to be placing orders.

In any event @gidgetgh and everyone, I'll let you know what I think of the blouse when it comes.  It's really something I need to have tried on in-store, esp. since it's numeric sizing only and esp. since, in long-sleeved items I usually have to get a petite size for the sleeve length, whereas the rest of my body doesn't always do well with petite sizing (too tight when I move my arms).   We'll see....if it doesn't fit right and I like it enough, since it was half price I'll just have to get a different size.  I'll have to really love it though if that's what happens.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee- Noooooooooo.  They got rid of the red phones?? Say it ain’t so. That makes me sad. 

For years and years, my sister and I have always called them the “bat phones”. 

The bling blouse is really pretty. I hope it works for you. 

I decided this morning that life couldn’t go on unless I ordered the night shirt with the Christmas lights on it. Did a search and it wasn’t in stock in any of the local stores and my size is no longer available online. 

The search showed that a store in southwest Georgia had my size so I called them and they’re shipping it to me. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  LOL @ the bat phones!    I used to think they were like phones at the White House - top security or something. At any rate, every time I picked one up, I felt important!  (I know...silly).  

Congrats on getting the night shirt.  It's very cute.  Good score but your hunt certainly shows your determination. I'm assuming you got 50% off.  I hope when you receive it you'll think it was worth all the trouble!   It's still around our stores although I'm not sure in what sizes.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh@  LOL @ the bat phones!    I used to think they were like phones at the White House - top security or something. At any rate, every time I picked one up, I felt important!  (I know...silly).  

Congrats on getting the night shirt.  It's very cute.  Good score but your hunt certainly shows your determination. I'm assuming you got 50% off.  I hope when you receive it you'll think it was worth all the trouble!   It's still around our stores although I'm not sure in what sizes.

@Pearlee- yep, 50% off. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee

I am sure that the major reason for getting rid of the red phones was to save money on staffing costs although that was not the reason given.  We now all have IPAD’s that have a Talbots Concierge app on them so we can easily look up items with photos and order for you right at the register.

I also want that Poplin blouse with the embellished collar and will order it next week when my dividends become available.  I am also going to order the snowflake shirt.

I just received the Joan Rivers plaid taffeta hostess skirt which is just beautiful and yesterday I bought the black lurex T  Neck sweater to wear with it.  That/sweater did not come in Woman’s sizes but the Misses has a lot of stretch in it so I could wear the  Misses Large.

Honored Contributor

My poplin blouse with bling collar that I had to order online (through concierge at the store) has just shipped!  Can't wait to see it in person.

Honored Contributor

I got my black watch skirt yesterday, It is so cute with a ruffle on the pockets at the top

The length came right to the lower part of my  knee which is perfect for me

I am glad your blouse is on the way.Its fun to have packages coming .I have a few more things coming.

I already think I bought the wrong  style in the black watch slacks. I went for the curvy  fit ,and I should have picked the standard  fit

The bad thing about Talbots is, they don't give garment measurements, so, I  was afraid the regular might have been to slim for me. But now ,I am not too sure. I am not an hour glass shape, but I am curvy, like Mary Beth is

So I might be sending them back. I hope not