Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's Red Hanger Sale Is On!

@gidgetgh  I don't recall getting one ever before and I've been a cardholder for five or six years now.  

This was the title of my email: Your Anniversary GIFT in July - Celebrate!

It's not letting me copy the big email graphics but here are the fine print terms from the email:

250 Bonus Classic Awards Points to be awarded for any one in-store, talbots.com or catalog purchase made between 7/1/17 and 7/31/17. These Bonus Points will be awarded one time only during the offer period and are in addition to points earned on actual transaction. Please note that it may take six to eight weeks for those Bonus Points to appear in your account.

Honored Contributor

Hey @gidgetgh.  I looked online for your toucan pants but they aren't there any more!

I might have considered them.   Just as well they are gone.  What comments have you had on them?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've only worn them twice so far, but I love them and I think they sold out quickly.

I wore them into a restaurant a week ago and as I approached the hostess, she said "Talbots"!!  She has the matching parrot blouse and wasn't aware that there were pants.  She really liked them.

I forget where else I wore them- probably out just running errands.  No one stopped me and asked about them, LOL.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

As for the sale, I stopped by the Talbots closest to my house yesterday.  They were really busy and I was glad to see it.

That store, this time around, arranged all the sales item by type, rather than by size.  I like that so much better.  That way, if your eye is drawn to an item because several of them will be grouped together, you can just quickly look for your size.  Previously this Talbots, and the other one I go to, put all the sizes together and you just had to look at each item.  

The other Talbots I go to still has this sale arranged that way, but I really liked my closest store grouping them by item rather than by size.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I like that grouping idea!  I wish our stores would group that way!  Also it must be easier for the clerks to see when one is out of place (mis-hung somewhere) and fix it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh  Oh my, I had fun at Talbots today (much more fun that QVC's "sale" which prompted me to commend several T clerks on T's sales!  :

I did order a few things online over the weekend but until today hadn't gone to any of the Ts around me during the RH sale.  I went to two today and will for sure be going to another tomorrow where there is something for me on hold.  And whoohoo - did this all pay off!  Smiley Happy

I was at a mall and went to the Ts there because I had specifically seen a mostly-sold-out piece there that I wanted.  Of course it was gone by now so I had to look around.  I don't like this Ts much because I have to find a parking space in the mall lot (unlike our other Ts that have their own lots and are much more accessible) and this mall one is small with not as much selection.   It was for the most part disappointing but I got a really cute white top with pleated hemline that I can wear alone (no armhole problem) or, more likely, underneath a lot of my LOGO items, esp. caridigans.  It is Logo-ish actually and was under $20 on the RH sale and with my card.   I was interested in another item but they didn't have my correct size but told me the Ts on my way home did so that T held it for me.  So I bought both items because I needed two for the 50% off discount and intended to exchange the wrong sized item for the right one at the Ts on my way home.  (I am thrilled with my Logo-like purchase at this first store though).

Whooo boy.  Good thing I stopped at that second Ts.  The item they had in my correct size didn't fit right either, so I returned the one from the first store (yet I was able to keep my 50% off on the "Logo" item of course).  BUT....and here's the bonanza part....

I have been waiting all summer for a dress I want to be marked down. I tried it on the first time I saw it and love it for many reasons. It was $149.50 and, even though there have been 30% off any full priced item coupons and there has been 30% off dresses since I first saw it, the dress at $109 (30% off) was still more than i wanted to pay for it.   The manager of this second Ts (which is the one I usually go to) told me it would be marked down on Wednesday (after this half price clearance sale for July 4th plus extra 5% off with T card) and didn't know how much it would be but would be on sale.  So anyway, I stopped there on my way home and they told me that they were doing the markdowns today - the only Ts in town that was marking the Wednesday markdowns early.  So, the dress went down to $114 but my size was gone.  I've been watching this dress a long time so there were only 10 left online (which weren't yet marked down and won't be til Wed.) and there were 2 at a T store in my city but across town.  So,  they are holding the dress for me at that store. I bought the dress two sizes smaller than I wear today, because that was the only one left in the store I was in - so that I got the 50% markdown and another 5% off.  OMG - it came to about $54.00.  I saved about $100 on it (not that I would have bought it at $149.50 anyway).  I have to exchange it tomorrow for my correct sized one that's on hold.  I feel like I hit the jackpot!  I had no idea this store would be going the Wednesday markdowns today.  The first T's I was in said the clearance after July 4th would be 40% off and no 5% extra for the T card.  So I sure was in the right place at the right time to get that dress today in a smaller size which I'll exchange tomorrow.   Whoohoo - I'm so happy with my purchases (that and my "Logo" top) and a scarf  and white swiss dot blouse I bought at the second Ts today where I got the dress.

The dress is the Flower Flounced Maxi Dress that is right now on the website for $149.50.  I have to get the petite in it.  It's sooooo comfortable on, and really reminds me of dresses I wore in the flower child days of the 1960s and early '70s.  Ah, what memories.  Boho chic.  At around $54 the price is right!  

Maxitalbots.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee- you scored!!!!  I had fun reading your post cause you were so excited. And that dress is really pretty. 

I was wondering what the "next thing" would be after the current promotion ended so thanks for posting that. 

I'd mentioned that I ordered 4 of those longer no close cardigans several days ago. This morning I got an email that two of them (for gifts) had finally shipped. They shipped from a store and not the Talbots warehouse. 

I'm starting to get a little nervous about the other two. If they can't find them, let me know and I'll pick another color. I don't want to miss out on them now that I've decided on them for gifts. Well, one of the two still not shipped is for me. I won't be heartbroken if they can't fill the order for that one but one of them is for a birthday gift and I'd really like to get it. Anyway.....maybe I'll get the second shipping confirmation today. I'm sure they've been overwhelmed with orders. 

We're out for lunch today and I won't be stopping at Talbots since I've stopped at both of them by me. I still have my eye on a few things online and might order tonight. I don't know. But if the extra percentage is going away then I'll definitely do it before the day is over. 

So much for me posting no last week that I want going to buy anything at all. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh 

I'm glad you could tell how excited I am to get that dress at such a great price.  I need to get going soon and pick it up - one time at that particular Ts they were supposed to hold something for me but nobody did so I'm a little nervous about it (although they had two and, not yet being marked down, probably still have them).  I don't want to take a chance though.   I'm glad you like the dress also.   I have a T necklace and matching earrings - bead - from this season that is that same blue that's in the dress to go with it!

Oh....about your items that haven't yet shipped. Yeah, that too is worrisome.  I do think Ts is overwhelmed.  I hate when they say it's in stock on the 'net but then ends up shipping from a store.  Those items always look a little bit "beaten up" to me - they usually arrive a little wrinkled and sometimes sloppily packed.  I like the pristine ones in the plastic from the warehouse.   I do hope you get all your items.  And if not, you'll find different gifts for those birthday people I'm sure.

Thanks to you and jonbon and wildcatfan for reading my very long post above!  You are good friends and Talbots afficianados.   Q should be ashamed of its sale compared to Talbots.  Now ---that's a real sale!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I got my dress today!  I love it and it's so cool for the hot weather, which was today and there is plenty more to come. I love that I got it at this great price with still lots of time to get use out of it.   Love!  One of my best Talbots deals ever.

I also got a pair of petite boyfriend jeans for $37.00.  They fit well, although not quite as perfectly as curvy pants but close. Again, they took ten pounds off me immediately - they are so flattering on.   I was thrilled with that price.  They yet another color of denim that I didn't have in T's jeans, a little darker but not real dark.  These will be perfect for fall.   Amazing how they can come up with so many shades of denim for jeans.  They are so slimming - I was thriled with this price also.  

The clerks were changing out the signs for tomorrow.  Yep, more stuff was being marked down on lots of racks out in the middle of the store, and it'll be 40% off the clearance price, as I'd been told earlier.   I'm not positive about the extra 5% off for the T card yet although I'm pretty sure the other manager a couple of days ago had told me "no."   I couldn't tell if they were leaving those extra 5% signs up at the store today or just hadn't yet gotten around to removing them.

Honored Contributor

I really like their jeans, but find they run large in womens,does any one else?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.