Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's Red Hanger Sale Is On!

@gidgetgh  I returned my black weekend chinos today.  I really like the weekend chinos but for some reason, this black pair is not fitting me as well as all my other pairs of them.  I even tried them on once more in the dressing room before making a final decision to see them in good lighting and in the three-way mirror.   

Although this second pair I got was much better in terms of the rise being too short than the first pair I got off the website, the rise is still shorter than all my other pairs and these just aren't as comfortable, esp. if I sit.   I decided my Dream Jeannes black pants (I have many in various style), though jeans, are so much more comfortable than this particular chino pair that I should return these and not spend the money on them.  DJs aren't as dressy as these (although these are pretty casual too) but in the black the fact that they are really jeans isn't all that noticeable.

I'm sure yours will work out better for you.   Looks-wise, they are great and black will be very useful. This particular color just didn't work for me.  For some reason, they seem to be cut a tad different.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The last blowout - another 15% off the clearance prices this weekend! 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee@KathyPet And everyone else. 

I had a girls day out with my sister and a friend and of course we stopped at Talbots. We were there quite awhile. They had some of the new things out and said they'd have them all out before opening tomorrow. 

As @KathyPet had some, some really pretty things. I bought a few tops for fall/winter at 25% off. I didn't want to miss out on them. I'll watch for a better sale on them and return and rebuy or ask for a price adjustment. I'll try posting some pictures of what I bought. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Fun!  @gidgetgh

Thanks for sharing.  I was there a couple of days ago when they were putting out the fall and liked the garments in the olive green, esp. a cotton (felt like) short sleeved olive green tee with sparkle to it.  It was very chic and would go with lots of my LOGO!  

There was also a very cute lighter olive twill maybe? jacket hanging up I liked but won't get.  I will get the tee though at some point.  

I"m hoping for a better percentage off for Labor Day but we'll see....

Honored Contributor

Ok, here's what I bought. The black sweater with the bow is really pretty in person.  My sister bought it also. 

IMG_0809.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0810.JPG

IMG_0811.JPG

Honored Contributor

Suggestion: Don't get together with your sister for a "girl's day out" until there's a better coupon savings!  LOL   Just razzing you.  Thanks for showing us your haul!  Smiley Happy  I've seen the first item in person and it is pretty.

Did you see the sparkly olive tee?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Suggestion: Don't get together with your sister for a "girl's day out" until there's a better coupon savings!  LOL   Just razzing you.  Thanks for showing us your haul!  Smiley Happy  I've seen the first item in person and it is pretty.

Did you see the sparkly olive tee?

@Pearlee- my friend bought some things on clearance so that helped!

When we went in I was specifically looking for that floral sweater. When I saw it online early this morning I knew immediately that I would be interested in it. It's just "me".  

When I tried the tan longer pullover on and walked out of the dressing room my sister said "that doesn't do much for you". And I said "I love it. I'm getting it". LOL. It's totally me. As I wear jeans and jeggings most of the time it will be great during our Atlanta winter. I dress for total comfort most of the time. I'm getting a reward certificate on the 22nd and am expecting a Talbots gift card any day now from some Discover card points. Couple those with the next sale and I'll order it in red. 

The cardigan is a basic and the color was really pretty. And the black sweater was really pretty on and if I need to dress up some it will be great. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh Just now took in my mail which included a new T catalog!  )

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I picked one up at my local T's yesterday. I'll be going back Monday, when they said they'd have all of the new stuff out. I liked a lot of what I saw in the catalog, but I've been having such a time with fit lately! I hesitate to say this, but I have been sized out of so many of the tops, jackets, and dresses -- many items are just huge on me in the smallest Petite size, and some things that fit through the shoulders/bust on me are way too roomy through the torso (this is my main problem in jackets). I keep trying, though! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I picked one up at my local T's yesterday. I'll be going back Monday, when they said they'd have all of the new stuff out. I liked a lot of what I saw in the catalog, but I've been having such a time with fit lately! I hesitate to say this, but I have been sized out of so many of the tops, jackets, and dresses -- many items are just huge on me in the smallest Petite size, and some things that fit through the shoulders/bust on me are way too roomy through the torso (this is my main problem in jackets). I keep trying, though! Smiley Happy

@jonbon  Well, I can honestly say this is a problem I'll never have!