Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of August 13

Good morning..it will be a cool rainy day. I need to get things somewhat organized before amie and crew arrive. 

We we think our hot water heater has gone out...we only have like warm water. We have a service plan with our gas company that includes a discount on a replacement. A repair person will be here today. This has been the year of a lot of house expense. 😱😱

M got Sydnie her school supplies including a graphing calculator. Syd spent a couple of hours organizing all of her things. She is very well,organized which is pretty unusual,for middle school kids. We are so happy that she loves school so much.

Chessielady...pepper goes on long walks but she tends to tire out at some point and lays down. Lol. After a minute or so she is ready Togo. Keeping up with this house is never ending...my dd and syd create a lot of clutter. Fortunately, my winter home is very tidy.

linda..hope you had a good day with Dh yesterday.hope your day is going well.

I splurged and bought another barefoot dreams jacket..it is pricey but the material soothes my achy joints. 

Claudia..is r feeling better?? And you??? 

Have re a good day..I will try to check back later.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of August 13

School supplies years ago meant pencils and paper.  I can't imagine the cost for folks sending their kids back to school nowadays.  My water heater is old (at least 15 years since I've had house).  I do hear some sediment in it, but so far so good.  They're so expensive! 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  Sorry about the possible water heater expense.  While DD's water heater is doing okay, she wants to replace it when she can since it is old.  Unfortunately, the pipes(?) will need some adjustment to meet code, and this will make the water heater replacement even more expensive.  My grands all needed those special calculators, and I think a couple of them also needed more expensive ones when they took college math.  It certainly can be expensive to get kids ready for school.  Glad Syd is organized and enjoys school so much.  Hope you like the new jacket -- you have me interested in the brand, but I'm not sure I need anything that warm here.

Hi hossieroriginal -- times have certainly changed since I was in school.

Hope you are doing okay and getting your strength back Claudia and R is doing okay.  Also hope your day is off to a good start, chessielady.

DH was doing quite well yesterday, which pleases me.  Need to leave for church now.  

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Found out on FB that my nephew's wife is expecting again (February).  I'm so happy for them and my SIL>

Respected Contributor

I had to lol at Pepper laying down on her walks. Our first newfie, Paddington did that to me when the kids were young. He was about 45 pounds at the time and I was several blocks from home.

hoosier original. I remember the days of new pencils, paper, and usually a new outfit. Often a pair of new shoes as my grandfather owned a shoe store.

R is feeling a bit better. I've been using a heating pad off and on and it seems to help. Our has water heater has been replaced once in 30 years. I'm hoping it won't need replaced for at least a couple years. Not pleasant when you are expecting hot water and only get lukewarm.

Linda, I'm glad DH is doing well. Congratulations to your nephew and family.

There are lots of things I want to get done but I'm taking it easy. I stayed in bed until Rusty cat started plucking at the covers.. I still need to put the garbage out front for pickup.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad R is a little better, and you are taking it slow, Claudia.  Turns out that my eephew's wife is not expecting after all.  They just posted one of those memory things.  Oh well....

Respected Contributor

Linda..I find the jackets very useful in Az during the coolish winter days...they are not warm enough for northern winters.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, Barbara.  I'll be adding that to my "wish list".  Did you order from here or a different place?

Respected Contributor

Amie and her girls arrived before lunch...the 3 older ones are out rollerblading..and Kaia is playing in the house. It will be a fun couple of days...not sure what we are going to do..maybe swim tomorrow if the weather is ok. 

I need to d more closet cleaning and purging but will wait until I put my summer clothes away. That is a never ending project. 

I remain pretty achy..will call tomorrow to see if my insurance.

linda..I have ordered both from the website and the q. I only have 3 pieces..do not need anymore. Hope Dh has a good day today.

Claudia and Chessielady hope your day is going well.

Enjoy.

Respected Contributor

Now picture this- 11 1/2' by 22'  living room  with large computer armoire and smaller tv one along with an extra large dog crate and other furniture. I'm trying to help R put together the roll a way bed we ordered for the back room. TT and Griff suddenly decide they want to play. Aaargh! I was able to lure them to the kitchen and latch the half door so we could finish putting the frame together. Finally done. At least the wheels were already on.

We decided we needed something downstairs. R usually sleeps in the recliner but many times I would like to lay down but it's roo much trouble to go upstairs. We considered a futon but I know R would have it piled high in No time.

Back later.

Respected Contributor

What a fun couple of days it will be, Barbara. I hope the weather cooperates. Fingers crossed you get the answer you want from insurance.

Linda, I hope DH continues to do well and the new wheelchair is a help.

R is, still talking of a pulley system for the stairs. I think it would be more practic also for the cellar.

Hope you've had a good day, chessielady. I thought of your  husband when I  read an account of travelling on a steam locomotive by a Scottish photographer earlier today.