Respected Contributor

Re: THE PUMPKIN PATCH 🎃

@Shanus  Pumpkin patch alert!  The Vince Camuto TSV presenter just said the TSV booties could be worn to the pumpkin patch  ðŸŽƒ.  Now after reading your thread my ears perk up every time I hear pumpkin patch!  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@Shanus  Pumpkin patch alert!  The Vince Camuto TSV presenter just said the TSV booties could be worn to the pumpkin patch  ðŸŽƒ.  Now after reading your thread my ears perk up every time I hear pumpkin patch!  Ha!

@itsmagic   Before I started this thread, I used to just smirk when I heard hosts mention specific items to wear to go purchase my pumpkin. Then I saw pumpkins already out at WholeFoods rotting in the 95 degree heat. 

Valued Contributor

@Shanus  Yup,I've been known to have a piece of pie myself every now and then.But I'm referring to the pumpkin coffee,tortilla/potato chips mixes,drinks. My grocery stores have tons of it in the clearance racks. Somebody must like it,right?

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Witchy Woman  and @Mlsg   He is only 5 or 6 months old in these pictures.  He is 3 years old now and 85 pounds...........he is still cute and smoochable if I say so myself. Woman Wink

@tends2dogs 

He's stunning! But I'm also certain he would love the cold weather.

I'm in Miami and years ago my boss had a Briard (french sheepdog). I'm not saying he wasn't thrilled to be whereever mom and dad were but when we had our cold snaps, 50 and below, he'd ask me to take him out every 5 minutes!  ( I apparently worked for him too) lol

briard.jpg

for the record I'd much rather talk about dogs than how often pumpkin patches are discussed and by whom...

BOOORRRING!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree about the pumpkin patch dialogue.....over it!!

This guy is a beauty, I must say.  I am sure that he stopped traffic when people saw you coming!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

I don't have a picture of him on my phone so I pulled that off the internet but he does look or I should say did look just like that. Same coloring. The nice thing I discovered was that it was very hard to find a picture of a briard with his ears docked! I'm liking this trend!

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo Which trend?  Not docking or docking?  I hate the whole docking thing.  Out last two dogs had tails.  We specifically looked for that.  We had 4 before them that had their tails docked.  We missed so much of their personality being displayed with the swish of that tail!  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99 

Actually, I do pick the apples off of the trees and pull the pumpkins off of the vine.

When I was still teaching, we often took the class on a field trip to do this.  The trip would include learning about bees and pollination, tasting different apples, learning how different apple varieties are created by grafting, etc.  Each child picked some apples and a pumpkin to take home.  Plenty of fun!

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Maybe pumpkin and apple picking is something they do in that area of PA. I grow my own pumpkins and go to the orchard for apples, but the apples are already picked. I am assuming they don't actually pick the apples off the tree or remove the pumpkins from the vine, they just pick out what they want.

@blackhole99.  In this area NJ/NY there are many apple orchards, pumpkin patches and all the summer fruit patches. 

We pick the apples off the trees at apple orchards and the pumpkins in the pumpkin patches off the stems. 

I think it depends where you live and what products are grown.

Honored Contributor

I heard that inane phrase a few days ago---think it was on that dumb show with pat and jane--wanted to upchuck!!!!