Trusted Contributor

Re: Sweaters/jackets without buttons

@mb141312  I completely agree!  And the same goes for ankle pants.

Honored Contributor

I never button a cardigan sweater. If I wanted a closed sweater I just wear a pullover sweater. I never button my coats or cardigans. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I have cardigans with and some without closures.  Doesn't matter, I never close cardigans.  I never close blazers or jean jackets either.  If I'm out on a walk, and the weather is getting quite cool, I put on a warm pullover like a hoodie or sweatshirt.

All of my heavy winter coats must close though.  I once had a gorgeous, expensive, long, wool, wrap coat.  There was only a belt to keep it closed.  I wore it twice, and ended up giving it away.  

Esteemed Contributor

I close my winter coat, but otherwise I prefer cardigans and some jackets to be open. Sweaters or cardigans look better open IMO, which is how I notice most people wearing them.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I don't like cardigans with closures. I only like my heavy winter coat to have a zipper or a button. 

Ditto w/ @santorini 

Hate buttons or closures on cardigans!!

Esteemed Contributor

I can do cardigans with or w/o buttons, but not a coat.  And I will not buy a coat with just a zipper.  Don't want to have to use two hands and fumble with trying to jiggle that zipper into place every time I want to close a coat!

Respected Contributor

Since I don’t wear cardigans as outerwear, I don’t have a need to button them. I prefer the clean look of jo closures on a sweater or jacket I’m not going to close anyway.
Trusted Contributor

I don't mind a short cardigan without buttons, but the long open cardigan I find very annoying to wear. They constantly move and flap open and shift. I spend too much time fiddling and trying to adjust it to look straight and even in the front. I only bought one a long time ago from White House Black market, I never bought another
Esteemed Contributor

I want a button or zipper, two way zipper even better, on short or long cardigans I want to be able to have sweater come in at waist. I want the option to wear cardigan as just a top. Also, since I live in moderate climate, I will wear a cardigan as outerwear and don't like the look of a flyaway sweater on my body...just too much material and annoying to fiddle with.

Isn't it nice we all can find options for our own style?

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

OMG - let me add a resounding YESSSSS! I can't stand open front cardigans, wraps, and cuddle duds open front anything!! Why?? When it's freezing cold, who wants an open front anything? What are these designers thinking?