Valued Contributor

Susan Graver vs Quacker Factory

I was watching Susan Graver the other morning and she had some very cute skorts and capris and tops. Can someone compare them with Quacker? I wear a small in QF....how would that compare to a small in SG?

I ma not sure how people like SG. I live in Florida and I dress casual here (heat) and would like to know how they fit and wear. I welcome all opinions. Thanks so much

Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver vs Quacker Factory

I take the same size in SG as I do in QF and D&C but check the measurements for each individual item first.  I only buy any of those brands when they're on sale otherwise IMO way overpriced.  I like SG for travel--easy care, easy wear.

Respected Contributor

I only have a few of SG items but in my opinion her liquid knit material wears like iron.  It has never pilled, faded or shrunk in the wash on me.   I really like her skorts.  I’m petite so they are just right length wise for me.  I usually wear the same size in her items as I do Denim & Co.  I haven’t bought QF so I can’t compare their sizing with SG.  If polyester is too hot for you in the summer then SG won’t be for you.  I don’t find it too hot as it is a thinner polyester and our summers probably don’t get as hot as in Florida.  If you decide to try Susan’s line check out the item’s “click here” sizing chart first. 

Super Contributor

I have ordered both Susan Graver and Quaker Factory.  The sizing is the same.  If you wear a S in Susan Graver, you'll wear a S in Quaker Factory.  However, the quality is very different.  Quaker Factory is far superior to Susan Graver garments.  The liquid knit of Susan Graver is polyester.  I wear SG for everyday, when I don't leave the house because it's comfortable.  But if I expected visitors or plan to leave the house I wear better quality clothing.  

Honored Contributor

I do own quite a bit of SG.

I haven't bought any QF in years ... I don't like the thick fabrcs that they use.  Entirely too heavy for my taste, and too much cotton.  I prefer light weight fabrics.

Honored Contributor

If I could afford it, my entire wardrobe would be SG.  Sadly, she's pricing me out of what I'm willing to pay.  I get compliments on every one of her items that I wear.  (Oh, and to the original question....I wear a small in SG and QF).

Respected Contributor

I would check the measurements. Sometimes I've found tops in both lines can run a little snug, especially if you're busty and broad shouldered. I'm plus size so I need to check bust measurements almost all the time. 

I do own quite a few pairs of QF Dream Jeannes. They're comfortable, and even though they tout them as perfect for summer, they can get very heavy and hot if it's too humid outside. The fabrics used do have weight to them. I would stick to getting a small in these, as I wear my regular size and don't have any issues. 

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much everyone. I will try SG.

Esteemed Contributor

@sandylu   I think you'll like SG better for your humid weather.  I am the same size and have skorts from both lines.  While I find QF to be a bit more flattering, the material for QF skorts is a little heavier  than the liquid knit.  I live in the northeast and wear both here in the summer.