Honored Contributor

I would prefer to see only clothes in a style show. A handbag and pair of shoes are ok, but I do not want to see beauty products. I realize beauty is part of an entire look, but I would rather those items be kept to beauty shows. I am just not interested in seeing or buying beauty products from the Q. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA  I agree with your dressing attitude of being your own stylist and choosing your own coordinating pieces and accessories -- not what a retailer pushes at you.  My own style is to buy things I like, not what is sold together.  I frequently wear outfits in which each piece may be from a different brand and often year.  My makeup is usually the same -- a mix of brands. However, if I have learned one things from decades of working in retail and seeing marketing research on consumer buying habits, it's that the overwhelming majority of customers buy things as they are shown by the merchandisers (be it in store display, online, catalog, ads, etc.).  With that in mind, because QVC can sell everything shown on the models it is good business to push the look as they see it in their fashion shows. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I would prefer to see only clothes in a style show. A handbag and pair of shoes are ok, but I do not want to see beauty products. I realize beauty is part of an entire look, but I would rather those items be kept to beauty shows. I am just not interested in seeing or buying beauty products from the Q. 

@wilma 

I agree.  Some of the presentations are really "icky."   And, more often than not, I'm reaching for the remote to change the channel.  

Respected Contributor

I figure QVC had Leah say that because of the many complaints about not enough clothes and too much beauty being shown in AM Style.  They want to push the beauty products because of the large profit made on them, so they are in AM Style because that is a popular show and many of us who do not watch the beauty shows, do watch AM Style.

I want to see more clothes.  The beauty products can stay in the beauty shows.