Respected Contributor

i just heard leah say that there's a difference between style and clothes.  and at the intro to this mornings "style" show, she stated how syle incorporates more than just the clothes we wear, that it includes your makeup, accessories, etc.  

i totally understand and that makes perfect sense ... but why not have a show that is just  'clothes'  that would include pieces from lots of different vendors.  didn't AM Style used to lean more in this direction?

Honored Contributor

Leah's hairstyle wow...she looks younger and younger. 

Esteemed Contributor

@fancy pantsy   ITA!  I've been complaining about this for months.  We really would like just fashion instead of all the other stuff thrown in.  Especially beauty and bags as they all seem to have their own shows not interrupted by fashion!!  LOL

Valued Contributor

I don't mind it because I want to see what shoes/purses/jewelry they style with the outfit.

Honored Contributor

I guess I don't much care if they want to consider shoes and accessories as part of "style".  I don't feel that same way about beauty products. 

Honored Contributor

Just the Q's way of justifing putting make up, purses, jewelry and shoes on the clothing shows.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

For me, I don't care whether we call it style, fashion, clothes, etc. it's always a whole look.   When What Not To Wear took their subjects shopping, I often wanted the women to have new hairdo's and make-up BEFORE they tried on new clothes.

I don't go clothes shopping without first doing my hair and make-up, and I try to wear the kind of shoe I hope to wear with the clothes I'm out to find.   Just me?

Esteemed Contributor

AM Style was created to be a show where they could incorporate selling accesssories and beauty products in addition to just clothes.  That's fine because style does mean the whole image and not just what you are wearing.  On the other hand, perhaps the so and so's closet shows could be confined to clothes and accessories, particularly given they have the what's in so and so's beauty bag and other concepts which are all beauty.  

Honored Contributor

I agree with that, when we "style" ourselves that includes everything from hair to make to clothes to accessories.  Have said that, when I watch AMS or PMS I only want to see clothes, shoes and handbags.  QVC already has a gazillion hair, skincare and makeup shows so I don't know why they have load up AMS and PMS with that stuff.  It's why don't watch much of those shows anymore.  I prefer ShopHQ's (Evine) and HSN shows where I know won't be bored with lipsticks, tooth whitener and hair dryers. 

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy 

I agree with what Leah said.  Makeup and accessories are key for me.   With accessories being the more important of the two.

I also agree with her discussion of trends and style.

I just don't agree with QVC's interpretation of "style."   I don't agree that you "have to incorporate this in your wardrobe."    Sometimes  the host or vendor speaks as though they were passing along a pronouncement from on high!

There are a million "style is" quotes.

Style is Personal

Style says "Me Only."

Style is Attitude

I've said this so many times ... after wearing school uniforms for 12 years, I never ever want to dress like anyone else.  

I rarely wear two pieces from the same source.  Generally every individual piece of my "look" has a different label.