Respected Contributor

@maximillian I doubt that they will receive extra money for the designs, which I am sure is a marketing ploy and is not designed by the hosts although they may put suggestions in.  I know they do get a bonus several times a year depending on their sales figures. 

Respected Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

These hosts are not designers.  They have not studied design, nor have they apprenticed with fashion designers.  I would rather see one great designer come to the Q with a modified affordable line than all this Studio Park.

And again ... they are not claiming to be "designers." There have been a couple of videos (at least) that have shown the process they've gone through -- working with Q designers; providing input about colors, design details, etc. The capsule collections are simply supposed to reflect their own personal styles with garments they do/would wear in their real lives. If a particular host's style is not yours ... just pass on by.

Respected Contributor

I think the SOLD OUT bucket hat is cute -- if that's what Shawn is wearing in her midnight show, it looks great on her. Guess I don't understand all the bucket hat hate.

Trusted Contributor

i'm guessing QVC suggested she come up with a line of clothing that they will market under her name, and not that she approached them and asked for it. if that request is from her bosses, is she going to say no? and if you have a clothing line, aren't you going to push it too? it's your job. of course you will! 

Esteemed Contributor

The photo with the jacket, boots , hat , white pants  is definitely a Safari inspired outfit .

The handbag looks like a carrying case for binoculars . Yrs ago , I bought a   short linen jacket  similiar in Safari style that had a  striped linen skirt that was  sold by Boden which I  wore with  natural colored espadrilles .

Is this an outfit that will be featured  as Studio park ?  If so the jacket is cute and so are the boots , thiese 2 items are the only ones so far that interest me .

Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon Thank you for the nice explanation. I was going to write that the hosts are not designing like Diane Gilman, Louis Dell Olio, or Jason Wu, but rather working with the ghost team (of QVC designers) and have input based on their personal likes and sense of what is stylish, and probably what they think the QVC customer may expect from them. 

I can't see the big upside of every host having a fashion collection, but it's not the worst idea QVC has ever pushed on its customers. Perhaps there is enough proven following for the hosts chosen (marketing can gather this data from hosts' social media accounts) for management to believe this gimmick will work. So far the only item I have been tempted to buy is the blazer from Amy's collection. 

Frequent Contributor

Designers start from the begining and create fashion. They don't look at choices and point to the ones they like (Studio Park) or even worst just bring something from their closet (GILI). Come on Q you are better than this!  Can't wait to see the garbage that comes when it's SK turn.

Super Contributor

@rms1954 ....I don't find her cute, either. She lies a lot, everything about her is false.

Respected Contributor
@NY Viewer. I totally agree..!
Respected Contributor
It was interesting hearing everyone last nite congratulating Courtney on her designer capsule collection.