Respected Contributor

I like wide leg pants because I have a small waist and don't love my legs. They can't be too wide though.

I look horrible in neon colors, so that's a no go. It makes me look like a corpse like pastels. lol

I don't see animal prints on there. I think animal prints will still be big.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I mix it up on occasion with a wide leg trouser so I'm cool with that but what the heck is an 'elevated' polka dot??!

gramercy wide leg.jpg

@Andreatoo : I guess if it’s ‘elevated’, it means, “lt’s so money! You can wear it in the Hamptons, or on Madison Avenue.” 😆 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

Some of these trends sound like what was in last year. Polka dots to me are a classic staple, not a trend, but your mileage may vary. Same with florals, but I guess it depends on the type and print. 

@Cumbercookie13 

Totally agree with polka dots, absolutely a classic. 

Many of the bloggers are saying the florals look different now, and florals from the '80s are different.  Some of what I'm seeing appears to be identical to the past.

Honored Contributor

It is interesting to see what the trends are in each season.   I am old enough to have seen trends come, go, and come back again. LOL!  I am also old enough to know what I like, and I am confident in my own personal style. Still, It is interesting to see what the trends are in each season.

Here’s my preferences: 

Shirtdresses - I used to wear more of them, but I actually prefer wrap dresses now.

Bright colors - Depends on color

Floral prints - Only if they are abstract and not too large. I dislike realistic garden and prairie florals. 

Plaid - Depends on the print. I avoid plaids that look like school uniforms. 

Psychedelic prints - Most are too bold & overwhelming for me. Might consider a top depending on print & colors. 

Denim trends - Like what? Not very specific. 

Preppy foot wear - Love a good loafer.

Suits - Love them, but no real need for them anymore.

Crochet - Small doses & subtle trims only

Big bags - No. Switched to small crossbody bags several years ago. So much easier on my shoulder. Not going back.

Polka dots (Elevated or not) - Not my favorite print. 

Wide leg pants - No. I prefer straight or slim leg.

Long dresses - No. I prefer knee length. 

Tie dye prints - No

Neon - No

Square toe shoes - No 

Puff sleeves - No

Honored Contributor

While I enjoy seeing new fashions trends and designs, I do not follow trends. As another poster commented, I wear what is comfortable and looks good on me and many trends which appear are not my taste nor would they flatter my shape.  

I think many styles are basic and classics and should be available no matter what the trend.