Honored Contributor

Speaking of mixing patterns...

[ Edited ]

...tomorrow I will give my last speaking engagement, probably, ever.  I have been posted for a while to talk to speak to a service/civic club in another nearby city.

...I am wearing a pair of black/white herringbone pants, a black-white tweed jacket (a la Chanel) with the black and white fabric fringed, a black and white diagonal-striped silk tank, a pair of black/white snake-skin shoes, a black and white polka dot scarf around my neck.    

...I will also wear a red silk carnation as I am speaking to a "newish" garden club (and red is Valentine's day color), which will be their theme.

@ECBG   Do I have the right mix of patterns or not?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of mixing patterns...

I bet the crowd will never forget you.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I bet the crowd will never forget you.

@blackhole99   LOL.  I usually am felt to be fashionable and dress classic at the same time.  I am stepping out of the box for this occasion.  We shall see.  If I don't get my picture in their newsy thing, I will know I must have gotten a lot of bad press. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday I know all of your pieces are beautiful, but there needs to be a solid piece to allow a smooth transition form the pieces.  Of the three, jacket, top, and slacks, I would pick one solid.  

Please give a picture, but above all, enjoy yourself.

I'm off tomorrow after creating 6 outfits for display and an outfit on a table.  It's what I love to do.  The store is my "palette"!  They often bring me my outfits off of the dressing room doors and say "I WANT this!".

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Nonametoday I know all of your pieces are beautiful, but there needs to be a solid piece to allow a smooth transition form the pieces.  Of the three, jacket, top, and slacks, I would pick one solid.  

@ECBG   Thank you.  I will make the slacks black.  Thanks a million.  I knew something was not right but could not put my finger on it.  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I'm off tomorrow after creating 6 outfits for display and an outfit on a table.  It's what I love to do.  The store is my "palette"!  They often bring me my outfits off of the dressing room doors and say "I WANT this!".

@ECBG   I understand that.  I have seen things like that before, but most of the time they are not suited to me.  I always like looking at something that is "just not me."  So then I go off and duplicate it as best I can with other items.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG   I understand that.  I have seen things like that before, but most of the time they are not suited to me.  I always like looking at something that is "just not me."  So then I go off and duplicate it as best I can with other items.

@Nonametoday Honey, MY pleasure!  I'm considered the top stylist in town.  I know who taught what I did, and none of them did the Interior Design and color.  I am the only one that taught color, and they all are at home which is fine for them, not me!

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   I wish you worked at my Dillard's.  Would love that.  Alas, we are more than an hour's drive apart.  

Honored Contributor

I think there is a lot of pattern in your choices...you might want to add a solid piece.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG   I wish you worked at my Dillard's.  Would love that.  Alas, we are more than an hour's drive apart.  

@Nonametoday I was the top stylist at our Dillards.  I was stopped by the store mjr the year I was retired from teaching.  He commented on how I was dressed when I came in the store and offered me a position.   I had the petite department but all of the customers found me and used my dressing rooms.  Sales in my dept were up 56% in 6 months.  No one showed me easy ways to do things, and carrying all of the clothes caused me a sciatic nerve problem.

I had to leave.

Several years ago an associate told them they needed me in the Designer Dept.  I just can't empty those Z bars.  I love some parts of I C Collections.  That's what the royal blue vest was I posted yesterday.

I'm more than happy to help you.😉