I sure wish QVC would demand its designers have consistent sizing.  It gets SO OLD ordering something and having it not fit.  You can order anything from small - large and have it fit depending on the designer and even the style.  A Medium should be a Medium..a 10 a 10.  SO FRUSTRATING!!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you, @CD in MI!!!!    The inconsistent sizing prevents me from ordering.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

That happens at every store I've ever shopped in and it is very frustrating. I can go into a store and pick out 6 items of the same size and some will be too big, some too tight, some just right.

One of the things I really like about QVC is that they include the actual garment measurements, which most sites do not include anywhere. I have a few garments I really like and I keep those measurements handy. When I see something I like on QVC, I compare the measurements to those of the garments I like and make my decisions based on that.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Agree 100%. AND, the hosts are still announcing that if you wear a certain size in one line, you will wear that same size in another.  Uhhh, no, that is a lie. It is not every true within the same line.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

Sizing significantly off should be considered a defect and all shipping refunded.

Trusted Contributor

I so agree.  In most cases, they need to be more informative on each item.  If its true to size, if it runs small, or big, or size up, or size down...show models from XXS to 3X...give their sizes.  Would end up with a TON LESS OF RETURNS IN MY OPINION !!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland....I also like the ability to see the measurements, but sizing is off....I am not a 00 but a shirt I wanted to order...that was the size that fell into my bust category...crazy

The COMMENT SECTION in the wish list is where I would keep track of measurements, how something fit, etc...sadly QVC had some wild idea about eliminating it..so I can no longer make notes...and I refuse to write them down and 'store' them somewhere else....no big loss for me but it is a loss for QVC because I have little desire to order from them now.

Honored Contributor

I can understand brands having different sizing from each other.  For me a medium in D&C or SG is a large in the other brands.  What bothers me is that in, e.g., a D&C the same item ordered in the same size can fit entirely differently.  My assumption is that QVC has several manufacturing sites that manufacture D&C and the sizing varies because of that.  

Frequent Contributor

Could somebody please tell me why QVC gives the height of the models to help you find your size? I think if you told the models weight or both height and weight you would be able to decide what size would work for you.

Honored Contributor

@luvsshopping wrote:

Could somebody please tell me why QVC gives the height of the models to help you find your size? I think if you told the models weight or both height and weight you would be able to decide what size would work for you.

@luvsshopping

at least with height you get an idea of where a hemline will fall. Knowing someone's weight is useless. Measurements would be the most helpful if you're relying on the models...