New Contributor
Was just curious if anyone has picked up any of the Side Stitch pieces? I can’t justify paying almost $80. for a denim shirt.( QVC2 Big Deal) The host talked about this line is coming from California. So is this the reason for the price point on this line? I find this to be very dress down lounge wear garments that I could find at the brick and mortar store that starts with a W and get for $15-$25. This being said I love the Bare Foot Dreams line for the softness of their wonderful sweaters. So maybe I am missing something with this that I am not seeing. Really not trying to knock anyone for buying from this line. I am just curious what people who have purchased from this line what your thoughts were. Did you feel like the fabrication or was the construction spot on to where you are reaching for this all the time out of your closet?
Honored Contributor

@Spoomom2 wrote:
Was just curious if anyone has picked up any of the Side Stitch pieces? I can’t justify paying almost $80. for a denim shirt.( QVC2 Big Deal) The host talked about this line is coming from California. So is this the reason for the price point on this line? I find this to be very dress down lounge wear garments that I could find at the brick and mortar store that starts with a W and get for $15-$25. This being said I love the Bare Foot Dreams line for the softness of their wonderful sweaters. So maybe I am missing something with this that I am not seeing. Really not trying to knock anyone for buying from this line. I am just curious what people who have purchased from this line what your thoughts were. Did you feel like the fabrication or was the construction spot on to where you are reaching for this all the time out of your closet?

@Spoomom2   What you won't find at Walmart is any fabric like Side Stitch. I purchased one white shirt at a boutique years ago at a reduced price and have since added a chambray one and a black. The fabric resembles a soft silk without the care involved. Since I find myself in tees and knit tops most of the time, these blouses offer a welcome change. Yes, I do reach for them all seasons. In summer, I roll up the sleeves to elbow. 

Valued Contributor

I have a number of their items including a jump suit.  I love the fabric.  It is just so soft.  Comparable garments are a lot more pricy.  The clearance prices recently are great.

Honored Contributor

I have tried different brands of  and non compare to Side Stitch.  I have a pair of crop pants, two wide leg pants and many tops that I reach for every time.  The material is so soft and lightweight perfect for this hot weather we are having.  I did order the Big Deal in the animal print. It is so different and I don't have anything like it.

Honored Contributor

Side Stitch uses mostly Lyocell they call Tencera and also linen, both more expensive fabrics.  Their clothing is made in Los Angeles, another reason for the higher prices.

Tencel, the Cadillac of Lyocell fabrics that has substance, IMO, is a wonderful fabric that drapes beautifully without hugging the body.  An $80 sale price is reasonable.  But, the shirt you are referring to is their own fabric called Tencera, not Tencel.  Not all Lyocell is equal.  

I haven't purchased anything from Side Stitch, so I don't know, but from looking closely at the photos, the stitching and how they fit and hang doesn't look like over $100 shirts full price to me.  

Esteemed Contributor

Oh the fabric!  It is so worth the price.

Honored Contributor

Re: Side Stitch

[ Edited ]

@Spoomom2 

I have the same colors as Shanuss does and I love the drape and feel.  IMO, although, some things at Q can't justify the price, you really get a superior product with these items.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus do you find the QVC Side Stitch pieces are sized similarly to ones you buy elsewhere?  I'll go check the specific measurements for the Big Deal....from my experience QVC sizing can be a bit bigger than other retail.

New Contributor
Thanks for all the replies! When I can swing it I will have to give this line a try! 😊😊😊
Honored Contributor

I think it's really cute and just ordered the camo!  It will look great in the fall with a black tee and a pair of jeans. 

This will be my first Side Stitch top so I hope the fit is good...I went by the chart and went down a size since it seemed to be very generous.