Honored Contributor

Well, I gave in and shopped online today.  Hmmm, depending on how fast Amex posts the transactions, I still may make my zero balance goal for 2015.

Kohl's was having an intimates sale so I bought 3 bras - $23.99 versus $34.00.  Seeing as I can't stand wearing a bra, I won't pay full price for them, lol.

Shoebuy was having 25% off and I hadn't realized I'd earned a $10 rewards coupon, so I bought a new pair of brown Avia sneakers that I have been eyeing for a couple of months.  $31.21 versus $54.95.

I guess all I can say is that I really tried to get some kind of sale. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time -Thursday, December 31st

I just want to say that I hope you all have a happy healthy new year.  I had so many different emotion's last week.  DS did arrive on Thursday afternoon so he could join all of us at one my BIL for Christmas lunch.  His dear wife arrived on Saturday afternoon to get in on our DGS's soccer game.  The whole gang came down here & we all had a nice lunch out on Sunday.  We took our DS & DDIL to Rockford  on monday where he could  get a bus to O 'hare.  Snow,/ ice came on Monday so he was stranded at the airport.  His wife was with a friend in Rockford so she took a bus to meet our DS.  They got 

a motel & didn't get home until Tuesday afternoon.  A big mess for our DS as he had lots of patients scheduled the day before.

DH & I are going to see mom soon & then out for dinner with our widower friend &  his SO.  Mom is doing better this week, but still needs lots of extra care.  I read your posts at night but it is difficult to post right now.

DH & I plan to welcome in the New Year in the hot tub with a wine cooler.  It is nice & sunny & should be all weekend & right into next week.  The snow is so beautiful, so I hope it sticks around for a while.

Valued Contributor

Kathleen, thank you for your kind words.  it was a sweet moment.

Valued Contributor

Twinny, enjoy that hot tub time and wine cooler...you deserve it.  Your cup runneth over!

Respected Contributor

Bernie I succombed to my store's annual "Buy 2 get 2 free" bra sale today.  I don't need 4 so I bought one that I probably won't like.  Smiley Happy  Got the great deal and they cost about $17 each.  Must rescue donkey toy - she is starting to eat fluff now.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not totally sure about how hospice will work, but I know that they send a nurse around (once a week at least) to the house to check on the participant.  They also provide things like medication, Depends, etc.  I think I could ask for a volunteer to help out with bathing or sitting for a couple of hours.  But, I don't think I will do so for a while since he already has the "club".  

If he should fall or have another health issue, they said to call hospice rather than 911 since they are nearby, available all hours/everyday, and had portable x-rays, etc.  Also, they can help him get up, so I won't need the EMTs.  If it becomes necessary, they will provide a hospital bed, etc.  He will still be going to our doctor, and he can still go to his urologist, podiatrist, etc.  

Physical therapy went fine, and then we went to Wal-Mart -- talk about mobbed.  Things were missing from the shelves, etc.  I will leave for the gym soon.

I was touched by Mark's gesture as well, Rosa.  What a good guy he is.  My SIL was in a car accident yesterday -- sitting at an intersection and a lady just plowed into the back of the car.  It shook my SIL up, and she was a bit sore.  The back of the car was damaged, and is in the shop.  My nephew insisted that his Mom go to the doctor today, but no word yet.  The other lady was not injured, admitted responsibility, and her insurance company was quite nice on the phone according to my SIL.  I'm hoping the car can be repaired okay since it is used.  I'm afraid that if it were "totalled" my SIL would not have enough to replace it.  And, she still is paying on her loan (actually, I'm paying her car loan.)  Fingers crossed on that one.

Sorry your DH isn't thrilled with his job, Kathleen.  I know how difficult that can be for a husband, and his wife.  Happy to hear your DD will be coming back to Texas.  What about the boyfriend?

I'm continuing to pray for you twinny.

Thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts.