Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Friday, Jan 4th

Hello Woman Very Happy

What a difference a decent night's sleep makes.  All I needed was those sucrets to keep the tickle out of my throat last night.  I turned on PBS and I can't remember what program was on but the narrator was soothing - kind of like the guys who do commentary for golf.  Knocked me right out around 10 pm and I pretty much slept through until 6:30 this morning.

The sun is shining and is a very welcome sight after the overcast days we've been having.

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Friday, Jan 4th

Bird Mama, it is another beautiful sunny mid 40° day.   Glad that the Sucrets did the trick for you.  My cold is much better.

We are getting spring like weather.  I think that this is our January thaw.    It was nice getting groceries this morning.  

Heading out to the hot tub as soon as my DH gets back from his moped ride.  Yes, he is nuts!I

I am still thrilled that I got my license renewed yesterday with no hassle.  I passed my vision test first try.  I usually go to our optometrist & he fills out the form.  We still need to have our yearly eye appointment checkup.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I'm glad that you were able to get good sleep last night.

Twinny--Glad you were able to get your DMV business taken care of easily. Enjoy your hot tub.

I did have some goals to accomplish today but developed a headache, sneezing and some dizziness so I just decided to vegetate and watch Netflix or read.

I guess we will be seeing products this weekend to make this a better year for us.  My FitBit Alta HR is almost 2 years old and is still performing well. I don't have a need for the TSV. The Alta HR is a little sleeker and has similar functions so there is no need to replace it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Bernie - glad to hear that you got a good night's sleep.  Hope you get over the cold quickly.  Enjoy the sunshine!  twinny - sounds like you're having lovely weather too.  So nice when things go smoothly at the DMV!  Jean - sorry to hear that you're not feeling well.  Hope you can relax and enjoy some quiet time with Midnight.  I have been a bit tempted by the Fitbit, but am resisting.  I have a Charge 2 and I like it fine.  The only thing wrong with it is that it has a little nick taken out of it where it was bitten my a kitten.  (Bitten by a kitten - I like that rhyme, lol).  But really, I don't need to spend over $100 because of a tiny visual flaw.  I'll live with it.

I've been working on filing and shredding today.  I won't finish till tomorrow, but made a lot of progress.  This is also an important first step in organizing all of the paperwork we need to do our taxes.

Not much else going on today.  May you all have a blessed day!  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  So glad you and twinny are feeling better.  Also that the sun is out.

It is sunny and warmer here today -- close to 70 for the high, and only down in the 30's last night.  I think it should be like this for the rest of the weekend temperature-wise, but we are expecting rain both Saturday and Sunday.  Oh well.....

Sorry you aren't feeling well, Jean.  Like you, I am happy with my current Fitbit.  Mine is not very old, and I have no plans on replacing it until it breaks.

I watched the second Marie Kondo episode on Netflix last night, and it was much better than the first, in my opinion.  She is a little hard to take (too sweet for me), plus the subtitles they put up are not done well -- you can't see some of them.  She knows a little English, but does some segments in Japanese with subtitles.  Anyway, this time the retired couple had tons of stuff -- clothing for her and baseball cards for him.  Almost like hoarding, but not quite.  Anyway, they managed to do a good job in cleaning up/out, and she did not force them into folding their clothing up like she did the other couple.  I won't do that folding, and get hung up on the idea.

Probably due to her influence, I decided to work on my closet today, and I found quite a few things to donate and trash.  As I told DD, I have been the same size for more than 25 years, and it is difficult for me to part with things that still fit, etc.  But, there are items that I just never wore or had not worn for a long time.  Yes, I am patting myself on the back.

I spent a bunch of time at the grocery stores, Wal Mart, and the Post Office (returning a top that I ordered but did not like).  Wal Mart had some clearance items, and I could not resist a pair of the sunglasses that go over your glasses -- regularly $19 on sale for $5.  Wow!  If they had more styles, I would have probably bought more than one pair.  We have a whole lot of sun here, and I wear sunglasses almost every day.  Not a need, but certainly something I will put to use.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda