Super Contributor

I have been thinking some of the items i buy are lacking the quality I would like to see. i would prefer you raised prices a bit and raised quality, because honestly...you seem over priced on clothes real BAD!

Honored Contributor

Re: Price points and quality

IMO the prices should be lowered AND the quality raised to match what is available in b&m stores.

Honored Contributor

@Thebig I wrote:

I have been thinking some of the items i buy are lacking the quality I would like to see. i would prefer you raised prices a bit and raised quality, because honestly...you seem over priced on clothes real BAD!

@Thebig I

"Quality" covers a lot of territory.  What specifically is it that you think is inferior?

There are some things I don't like (e.g. fabric choices vs. design decisions) ... but that's not really a quality issue - rather than a designer's choice that I disagree with.  So - I just don't buy those items.

Respected Contributor

Aren't price points based on a "perceived value" and what the consumer/market is willing to pay? One way a company/retailer might avoid price competition is by creating private/exclusive labels so that it seems difficult to compare apples to apples and looks more like apples to oranges. Marketing plays a major role in creating perceived value, along with creating a need vs. want. IMO consumer purchases are based on what the individual perceives as a value and what qualities/services/conveniences, etc. are important to that consumer. Consumers have choices and spending power in the market.

Contributor

I don't mind paying a price for something I like if it is quality.  My mistake last year was buying and paying a premium for LOGO lavish.  I ordered both A279461 and A275027 at full price, wore them once or twice, washed on the gentle cycle and air dried.  Both had tiny holes in them after one washing.  I Googled why this would happen, to learn that this happens when cheap, short strand threads are used to manufacture fabric. 

Unfortunatly QVC does not  stand behind it's products for over 30 days.  Other "stores" would have taken these garments back, replaced or at least repaired them.

Lesson learned.  What happend to the Q and V in QVC?

Honored Contributor

Quality will be lowered and prices raised according to what the market will bear.

Honored Contributor

I just received 2 products I ordered from the Q today. The PLW throw in grey which I feel was worth the 70 bucks I paid for it and the Anybody jogger pants with the cargo pockets. The jogger pants fit, but the fabric is very thin, I'm keeping them simply because they were on sale, otherwise I would return them. I will not keep a product I do not think is worth the money.

Esteemed Contributor

Quality is down, prices are up.  I remember the days when QVC did quality control by pulling items to check at random.  Thousands of items are now mass produced.  I only buy Lisa Rinna and have never returned a thing.

Esteemed Contributor

With the exception of a few brands of pants/leggings, I'm glad I'm retired because there isn't much of anything I'd order from the Q for the work environment - I'd be shopping at my local B&M stores for better pricing. Last year I bought Cuddl Duds fleece leggings for winter for $19/each. Last summer I bought Slinky light weight slim ankle pants for summer with their 20% coupons, and in the fall I bought HUE corduroy leggings the same way I bought the Slinky. I've haven't seen any tops that are worth the price on either the Q or H. $50 for a casual top is absolutely crazy, especially when you add in tax and shipping.