Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics - One Day At A Time (Monday Apil 30th)

[ Edited ]

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

We had a freeze last night so I don't know if the flowers are going to make it.  I can't believe it is the end of April and it was 25 degrees this morning.  I am so ready for warm weather.

No TSV for me today, anymore I have no need for a dress.  I probably do need one, but I just avoid places I need to wear one.

Not much going on here today, just a little cleaning and hopefully find a few things to donate.

Hope everyone has a great morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - One Day At A Time (Monday Apil 30th)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  That certainly does not sound like spring weather to me.  Hope your weather warms up very soon.  It should make it into the 80's today, then be cooler for a few days (highs in the 70's), and then back to the 80's and 90's.   I am a happy camper despite feeling the need for AC the past few nights.  I have problems sleeping if it is too warm (like over 80 degrees in the house).  Fortunately, a fairly short use of AC did the job.

No TSV for me either.  I don't wear maxis any longer.  It took me a while to figure out that maxis are just not flattering to my short and fairly thin frame.  I know some of you ladies enjoy them, and I hope if you order one you like it very much.

I have my "strong bones" class this morning, and then I'll visit DH to give him lunch.  He was a bit sleepy yesterday, and I think his eyes were bothering him.  But, he was smiling when he was awake and ate about half of his dinner.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, I do hope your flowers were not zapped by the frost last night Susan... we really still don't have many out yet and I don't plant in my pots till after Memorial  day,when hopefully all chances of frost are over.   IT is cloudy out this morning anf I think going only into low 50's.......BUT.......I am waiting for the BIG. DAY..on Wednesday when we are supposed to hit 81 I will be doing my happy dance for sure!!  Now we will see if the weather guys are right on that.

Not much going on here today getting ready to go  to the store and get something for supper..not an idea in my head on what to have. 

Have a nice day everyone......Marijane

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Susan @PAlady  It feels a little chilly to me this morning.  Then again, when am I not cold?  I'm waiting for the sun to get a bit higher in the sky before I fire up the lawnmower.  The grass hasn't grown that much however I do have some uneven spots.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Good morning Linda @LindaLatte  I have a hard enough time resisting new clothes from JCP - today's maxi TSV is an easy pass for me.  I've tried a couple of Denim & Co maxi dresses over the years and they always end up a few inches too short for my tall frame.

Honored Contributor

Hi Marijane @Genny1  A couple of daffodils popped up in my backyard.  I don't remember having daffodils in the backyard Woman LOL  The daffodils and tulips in the front yard are no shows so far.  I need to be patient and give them time.

Trusted Contributor

Marijane - We don't put flowers in the pots until Memorial Day, these flowers are the perennials that are in the front of the house.   The leaves on the trees are just starting to come out.  Right now we are up to 59 degrees, hope there is not damage.

Honored Contributor

I ran the lawnmower over the grass today.  Can't really say I cut the grass, more like vacuumed leaves and yard debris, lol. 

I forgot to mention the other day that I went through my fashion/costume jewelry and pitched some of the more beat up pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. We also had a freeze last night but hopefully the warning gave people the opportunity to cover young plants. Another is expected tonight but with warming temperatures to follow.

I have nothing exciting to report. I worked; it was a good day.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.