Esteemed Contributor

Just a side line about Isaac here: I was watching Happy Ending with Woody Allen last night and ISAAC was in it. I think it was 2002. Isaac was slim, dressed in almost white suit,, hair combed and looked great. Really toned and young looking. He had a small speaking part.

Honored Contributor

@terriebear wrote:

@Lioncub3000 wrote:

Watching last night and Shawn worked my last good nerve. She didn't offend me but someone needs to seriously talk to her. Love Love Love Issac Mizrahi but he looked so uncomfortable trying to explain what the tango is and she wouldn't let it go. Cringe worthy. Got worse when she attempted to interview Katia the model. There is NO such thing as speaking Haitian. In light of the aftermath of Matthew, she could have been more sensitive. BTW the island of Haiti speak English, French, Creole and Spanish. Props to Katia for getting through that mess and being gracious. Shawn could've handled that better...acknowledge your igorance and quickly change the topic. Shawn...time to step up your professionalism and not be sooooo ANNOYING! 

@Lioncub3000

Actually Haitian Creole is the official language of Haiti.  It is spoken by 90% of the people of the island. The other 10% speak French.  Some have picked up English, etc., but Haitian Creole is the official language.  Shawn was correct.  

http://www.indiana.edu/~creole/creolenatllangofhaiti.html

@terriebear

Yes there's a Haitian dialect of the Creole language; there is no language called Haitian...

I live in Miami and know and have known plenty of Haitians and haven't met a one that didn't speak French...

Given the rampant corruption on the island it's difficult to trust statistics provided...

Honored Contributor

@BARBIE100 wrote:

The constant butchering of the English language from some of the hosts drives me nuts. It is just "cray cray." uggh..

LOL

I do use "cray cray" from time to time so I can't necessarily bash that.  That being said, I don't think I'd use it on tv while trying to sell items.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Shawn needs to have some more training perhaps either from Leah or Amy, they are wonderful with sizes and measurements.  I really can't watch her. Her hair style is behind the times and in my opinion she wears dresses because she does have large hips and a behind, so dresses hide it.  On another note, she needs to start wearing qvc clothing like the other hosts

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@BARBIE100 wrote:

The constant butchering of the English language from some of the hosts drives me nuts. It is just "cray cray." uggh..

LOL

I do use "cray cray" from time to time so I can't necessarily bash that.  That being said, I don't think I'd use it on tv while trying to sell items.

I don't like the butchering of the language, the constant like, like, the like robotic hand movements  (this one drives me nuts) the whole scenerio is a big ole flop to me. Like totally high school level.

Don't worry, be Happy!
QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...